Author Topic: Gunks favorites  (Read 1312 times)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Gunks favorites
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »
Yes...Maria is a great route as well.  ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline slink

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 06:42:40 AM »
Dineyland and yellow ridge are also great climbs.Frogshead and frogland are both fun
bailing is not failing!!!

Offline alclimbup2

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 07:25:40 AM »
Yes Birdland is an awesome route Jake, top to bottom, very exciting. And in a previous post recently I believe you mentioned wanting to do the Dangler (5.9 I think). I did not lead it but my Buddy did two summers ago, what a dramatic finish! The crux moves on a unique outcrop of rock at the top that just sticks out 20 feet or so in the air above the rest of the climb , he was dangling allright,  a real cliffhanger, had a huge crowd watching in awe , that is one cool climb.

Offline JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »
Yes Birdland is an awesome route Jake, top to bottom, very exciting. And in a previous post recently I believe you mentioned wanting to do the Dangler (5.9 I think). I did not lead it but my Buddy did two summers ago, what a dramatic finish! The crux moves on a unique outcrop of rock at the top that just sticks out 20 feet or so in the air above the rest of the climb , he was dangling allright,  a real cliffhanger, had a huge crowd watching in awe , that is one cool climb.

I know what Dangler is ;)  i've looked at it from the ground and from the SI ledge as darkness was coming in and having to rap down.    i've followed birdland a long time ago just need to lead it. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »
Did the Dangler many years ago...very fun, but short. I entered it from Three Pines so I was sure to still have enough gas to pull the roof. Great photo op...especially from Three Pines.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline alclimbup2

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »
Thats awesome Old School on Dangler, dont blame you a bit for approaching from 3 Pines, yes we had a member of our party videotaping the Dangler climb from 3 Pines and is a dramatic video, If I recall my friend placed pro above his head on the crux and as he was making the "dangler move", his neck looked like it was sort of caught up/underneath the rope, looks like on video he could have hung himself if he fell ,
my friend who took that video never did forward that video to me, despite a few requests , I know he reads this site: hey Kevin F.  if you still have that video of Mike Wiz, leading the Dangler, post it here or send to me and I'll post

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »
You guys are whacked;

the best route at the Trapps is

Karma Sutra 12b and basically no gear

Trust me, the fall hurts, even with a pad\\

J'Acuse is also nice  a fuckin' rivet for pro (is it updated now ?)

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »
I don't think so, but the rivet is oooold! ;)

Offline JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 12:49:24 AM »
You guys are whacked;

the best route at the Trapps is

Karma Sutra 12b and basically no gear

Trust me, the fall hurts, even with a pad\\

J'Acuse is also nice  a fuckin' rivet for pro (is it updated now ?)

perfect route to rap off Frogs head and Maria from ;)    If i get back in shape i'll TR it though to see what it is all about.  R/x routes have no appeal to me at all. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

Offline The other tomcat

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 07:31:19 PM »
Limelight

Frogs Head

MF

Stirrup Trouble
Tom Stryker

Offline xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 09:27:47 PM »
Went to the Gunks for the first time this past weekend. threw myself at Double Clutch for a bit. 9+ my ass. hahaha place was a really cool destination. i'm sold. ill be back in the spring. couple friends did Madame G. they couldn't rave about it enough! totaly had a blast.
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"