Author Topic: Moby Grape Rescue  (Read 4322 times)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Moby Grape Rescue
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2011, 10:10:51 AM »
BAck to the origin of the thread...did Moby Grape finally get rescued???  :-\

It's all about love guys...I call for a BIG group hug...let's go...everybody in... ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »
Just because you might question someones actions or say "faaak em" on the web doesn't mean you would not help them without question if you're on the spot.

I was climbing with my girlfriend at poko, we did the slab. there an other party above us. I told my girlfriend: sit down at the belay, we are going to wait. a second party go on a slab without any protection for 100 feet. Just as the way he climbed, he was a sport climber. Using more is hand than his feet to keep balance. although he was in a 5.6 or 7, he had hard time. It is the reason why I wait at the belay. I sent him a rope and he made the move on top rope.

Difference between sport and trad are very visible: dman go on on whitney gilman because if he bail, he wasn't able to explain it at the gym to the 8th muscle friends. In trad, if you bail, all your friend will understand that you took the good decision. Sport climber climb trad mostly to proove that they are as god as our old trad climber. Trad climber will climb to resolve a chalenge. both will have good time and they can climb the same route. as I climb in sport, I try to find rest place, understand the move, etc. My finger are not that much strong and my goal is not to go to the top. some one look at me in an hard move and say some think good, it is enought to let me go because the fun is not there for me.  

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »

Sport climber climb trad mostly to proove that they are as god as our old trad climber. Trad climber will climb to resolve a chalenge

Most say that some sport climber are trad climber mentality...as I speak french and english. But I definitely be better if i have to write in french. so, I am a french writer

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline ed_esmond

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • if you can't laugh at yourself..
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »
I don't know why a few people get so sharp  and bent with champ. Sure, he can get stuck on his thesis a bit much at times and become pedantic, and I may even disagree at times, but I would never consider him an asshole. I have never seen him be deliberately insulting or a shithead like some of us can be. Just because he like to play the vuvuzela is no reason to get angry.

maybe andy kaufman never really died, he just moved to quebec, and took up "trad" climbing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSYV-nEE300

ed e

ps. champy, give it a break, s'il vous plait
pragmatic: (adj) dealing with the problems that exist in a specific situation in a reasonable and logical way instead of depending on ideas and theories.

Offline OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2011, 12:16:18 PM »
Mark, thanks for speaking up,I agree, that was un-called for. You know Dman, Jacques has done La Pomme D'or twice, including leading half the first time, and all the second. Somehow I don't think you'll be picking him up at the base of Pinnacle. Love that puffed up attitude though.

How about you post in french going forward and we'll see how that works out.

+1

DGoguen

« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »
maybe andy kaufman never really died, he just moved to quebec, and took up "trad" climbing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSYV-nEE300

It may be just a conspiracy theory, but I think if you look close, that's Al playing the bass in that band. Nice groove.

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2011, 01:33:16 PM »
Old School: You can't call yourself "old School" and be advocating for group hugs... sorry.

Also "8th muscle friends" ... the guy is pure genius

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »
It is the Bri on the ham sammiches... 8)

Offline JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2011, 03:39:25 PM »
Just because you might question someones actions or say "faaak em" on the web doesn't mean you would not help them without question if you're on the spot.

I was climbing with my girlfriend at poko, we did the slab. there an other party above us. I told my girlfriend: sit down at the belay, we are going to wait. a second party go on a slab without any protection for 100 feet. Just as the way he climbed, he was a sport climber. Using more is hand than his feet to keep balance. although he was in a 5.6 or 7, he had hard time. It is the reason why I wait at the belay. I sent him a rope and he made the move on top rope.

Difference between sport and trad are very visible: dman go on on whitney gilman because if he bail, he wasn't able to explain it at the gym to the 8th muscle friends. In trad, if you bail, all your friend will understand that you took the good decision. Sport climber climb trad mostly to proove that they are as god as our old trad climber. Trad climber will climb to resolve a chalenge. both will have good time and they can climb the same route. as I climb in sport, I try to find rest place, understand the move, etc. My finger are not that much strong and my goal is not to go to the top. some one look at me in an hard move and say some think good, it is enought to let me go because the fun is not there for me.   

How about someone that just isn't good at slab?   I can climb .12 sport routes.. either short bouldery routes or steep overhanging... can also do steep .8-10 trad routes...  but I do not like doing low angle slab routes even if they are easier.    What if  I'd try to campus Modern Times  before getting on Arrow?   

i guess i'm just a terrible person and should stay in the gym as I am not worthy to climb trad in the eyes of Jacques..   

:head... desk..head.. desk:   
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
Jake, ham sammiches with bri. You will understand grasshopper ;)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2011, 09:07:20 AM »
How about someone that just isn't good at slab?   I can climb .12 sport routes.. either short bouldery routes or steep overhanging... can also do steep .8-10 trad routes...  but I do not like doing low angle slab routes even if they are easier.    What if  I'd try to campus Modern Times  before getting on Arrow?

I know that we can be more slab, face or crack climber. We can categorize the climber in those way. But, what this bring to safety? Why nobody talk about that biking is more interesting than climbing? Why sport climber want so much that the knowledge of more than 50 years of climbing bring to our sport will be ignore and bolt will be the master of all protection?

I did modern time (the overhang of course :P, the traverse is not totaly master :'() and I think that I did Arrow too). I try to climb at the same level on sight on each kind of move. For that reason, I will never probably climb 5.12, except if I try one route many time.... as it was habitualy done in sport. I don't boder you with my personal ethic.

But when safety is in case... I talk. Trad is more like some one going to a big hike. He prepare himself to have any thing on his way in a lite pack. Technique is one of his preparation. Sport is more like looking for a performance to show the hability of the climber. If you look in the beginer section, you will see that a sport climber will ask which route I should do to be consider a good ice climber.  a trad climber will ask which technique I must master to have fun at a determine level when I climb. after the trad climber will look in a book to see the name of route that he can try. Isn't it the reason to wrote guide book? For crampon technique, a route like Gothic is very fun 9front and french technique, ice and snow). But to put in a CV...you are not going to impress your employer.