NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gunks trip  (Read 393 times)

tinker

• NEClimbs Junior Member
gunks trip
« on: October 28, 2011, 08:23:16 AM »

Really fun trip, great weather,  We got there mid week and it was like a ghost town.  I jumped on frogs head to warm up and our friends did city lights right next to us.  We did not see any other parties even walk by all afternoon. :o.  Same thing the next day we did classic, Jackie, pink laurel and we  saw very little traffic.  Saturday was a different story I have NEVER seen so many cars at the gunk's every single lot was full(when did they stop letting people park along the road?).  That evening we were over by the high e buttress and people started showing up and heading up to the gt ledge. Turns out they were all coming to watch Wes.  Wes had decided to solo up,rap of the modern times roof, climb in a little ways, unclip then do an upside down bat hang and light his arms on fire.  Twice 8).  Now you just don't see that type of thing everyday.  Ahh the Gunks, always a fun trip

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: gunks trip
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 08:56:15 AM »

Now you just don't see that type of thing everyday.

you sure don't...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Re: gunks trip
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 12:17:03 PM »

I might be misremembering, I believe parking had not been allowed along the the road for quite a while now.
I thought you were going to tell us peole headed up to the High E Ledge to spend the night.  I had wanted to do that.  Likely illegal now.  Probably was never legal but people did it.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 24 queries.