NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ice on Mt. Osceola???  (Read 116 times)

Edge

Ice on Mt. Osceola???
« on: January 07, 2002, 09:10:14 AM »

Yesterday I ran up Mt. Osceola's East and Main peaks from the Greeley Pond trailhead, getting an early start so that I could return home in time to watch the Patriots raise my expectations for the playoffs.  The trail traverses right under the cliffs of the East face, and it looked like there may be some nasty steep ice curtains forming on the left side, as well as an adventurous route that could be pieced together up the middle of the slabs, heading towards the headwall on the main face.  Does anyone know if any of these have been done?  

Also, there seemed to be a pretty thick flow to the right of Rainbow Slabs (I believe that's where it was) that was plainly visible from the Kanc.  It looked to be a couple of pitches long, mostly 50-60 degrees, with perhaps a little vertical.  Any beta on that one?  It could be in the guidebook, but mine is about 12 years old...

Thanks.

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
Re: Ice on Mt. Osceola???
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 02:40:29 PM »

Don't know about Osceola...the Rainbow slabs route is indeed in Rick Wilcox's updated guide...pretty much what you thought, i.e. severalpitches of moderate ice.  I checked that flow out from the road a few days ago, and it did look like it was coming in nicely...
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.