Author Topic: and yet ANOTHER nice day...  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
and yet ANOTHER nice day...
« on: November 14, 2011, 10:36:07 AM »
hard to believe that it's Nov 14, but it is and the weather is amazing. I simply CANNOT stay in the house on days like this, no matte how much work I have to do.  ::)
Al Hospers

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: and yet ANOTHER nice day...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
beautiful day at Humphrey's yesterday afternoon....we did Wanderlust (pitch one and two), Run don't Walk (pitch one and two) and the first pitch of Think Fast Mr. Moto. The rest of the cliff was still pretty wet, but these routes were very dry, sun soaked and perfect! The warm days are numbered!!! Get after it folks!  ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 04:09:53 PM »
We enjoyed a mellow day at South Bubble and South Wall in Acadia yesterday.  It was truly a gift of a day to be out.  My rock season has been dismal, so I'm ready for ice (anyone looking for partners, let me know), but I'd be very happy to get a day here and there to extend this fall.

Dale
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

strandman

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »
beautiful day at Humphrey's yesterday afternoon....we did Wanderlust (pitch one and two), Run don't Walk (pitch one and two) and the first pitch of Think Fast Mr. Moto. The rest of the cliff was still pretty wet, but these routes were very dry, sun soaked and perfect! The warm days are numbered!!! Get after it folks!  ;)

How's the clavvy doing ?

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »
it started out bluebird, then got progressively more cloudy as the day went on. by 3 it was full-on clouds and windy. a front is moving in...
Al Hospers

apbt1976

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »
We enjoyed a mellow day at South Bubble and South Wall in Acadia yesterday.  It was truly a gift of a day to be out.  My rock season has been dismal, so I'm ready for ice (anyone looking for partners, let me know), but I'd be very happy to get a day here and there to extend this fall.

Dale

So soon as we have ice i will be looking for a steady weekly partner. I am very flexible in the winter as i do not work. If the conditions are ago so am i other than Thursday.

JakeDatc

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 09:34:37 PM »
spent 2 days at the gunks last week and have had a cold since wednesday  >:(    hopefully i will keep feeling better and can get out on the bike soon.  gotta catch last year's mileage.  and maybe one last trip to the gunks.    must get out while it's nice. 

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »
How's the clavvy doing ?

Clavvy still sucks John...lots of pain and pressure...just a constant nag. PT is good, but I hit a plateau about three weeks ago and nothing seems to be improving the current situation. Meeting with a surgeon in Portsmouth in Mid-January to discuss the procedure. the plan is to continue to suck it up and get through ice season and then have the surgery at the end of February...during the in-between seasons. I will probably miss rock season, but we will see. how are you feeling these days?

~grammy
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 11:41:11 AM »
" I will probably miss rock season, but we will see."

Say it ain't so, Grammy!!!

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 07:19:51 AM »
" I will probably miss rock season, but we will see."

Say it ain't so, Grammy!!!

We will see what Dr. King has to say in January. I might be able to do some slab in the end of July???  :-\

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »
and yet one MORE nice day...
Al Hospers

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 11:25:35 AM »
and yet one MORE nice day...

Thanks God I am stuck here at work.... :-[