Author Topic: Updated Site  (Read 786 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Updated Site
« on: December 02, 2011, 08:00:08 AM »
Folken -

Well I'm sure you have noticed that there has been a facelift to the site. The cosmetic changes are actually only a part of a fairly substantial internal reorganization designed to make it overall more efficient, and to make it easier for me to maintain (selfish). Hopefully you find it attractive. If you notice any issues of inconsistencies as you're poking around, please let me know. When you start making changes to a piece of code like this it's easy to make errors. The good thing is that I have a local testing server to work on so I usually don't post code to live sites until I've gone through it here.

cheers...
Al Hospers

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: Updated Site
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 12:12:11 AM »
I can't click on the drop down menues. . not sure if that is a temporary thing while you are working on the site. I noticed when I wanted to change the color of the forum to warmer colors.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 12:18:07 AM »
sorry about that. what theme were you using? I'll switch the basic one back to Core for now. that should be OK.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:22:24 AM by Admin Al »
Al Hospers

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 12:35:20 AM »
sorry about that. what theme were you using? I'll switch the basic one back to Core for now. that should be OK.

I'm not sure. Now I don't see anything that gets me to my profile and I could only post by clicking the page symbol on the right that sets it up to make a quote- no answere button now. ..either that or it is past time for me to go to bed.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbrait

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »
Mark -

I am assuming that you are logged in, or you wouldn't be able to post this I guess... [wry grin] so do you see the menus across the top below the News and search bar? there should be a Profile tab there. that should take you to your profile. I reset the default profile for everyone to be Core. that's the one I see. I tried a couple of other ones, but generally didn't like them. you can try some of the other ones & see if they are softer for you.
Al Hospers

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:28 AM »
OK, yeah, everything is back and working.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »
super duper...
Al Hospers