NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Mount Washington Valley: Cathedral, Whitehorse, Humphrey's, etc.  (Read 14090 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Mount Washington Valley: Cathedral, Whitehorse, Humphrey's, etc.
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 04:01:03 PM »

40 degrees, occasional flurries and 20+ mph gusts. It definitely feels like winter out there today!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

apbt1976

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »

40 degrees, occasional flurries and 20+ mph gusts. It definitely feels like winter out there today!

WTF

The weather i New England always keeps us on our toes but this is just getting freaking wacko!!!!!!!

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »

dropped down to 37 and the wind is howling out of the north. winter is back...

as my 12 year old son says "It's fricking snowing out there!"
Al Hospers

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »

Just back from Found Ledge with Joe & Judy Perez. we were going to climb on the Little Slab and do our new routes, but there was water seeping on it all day. So we went over and climbed the 2 newish routes on the Littlest Slab, just left of the Lumberjack Wall. One is 5.5 and the other 5.6 with a single bolt on each and no other gear. They are almost exactly 1/2 rope length. I think that they are really just fine with the single bolt as they are extremely easy after the bolt, like the upper Whitehorse slab. You're pretty much just walking up the slab hauling the rope.

Then I walked over and set up a TR on Lumberjack Crack. At 5.11c this is a whole 'nother ballgame. I felt great that I managed it with only about 4 hangs. There is no way I could imagine leading it, but it's fun to play on. [grin] The last 1/3 is amazing. I can't figure how you would lead it. There is no gear and it is definitely NOT positive.

All in all a great day...
Al Hospers

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2012, 07:20:36 PM »

RP's baby  !!! 8)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:48 AM »

we've had some unbelievable weather the past couple of days. storms blowing through one after the other, with tons of rain, thunder and lightening. there was a lightening storm on Monday night that woke me up from a deep sleep and another Tuesday morning at about 8 AM that fried my mother in-law's laptop! the power went out here in the Valley for about an hour on Tuesday night. this has been one for teh record books...  :o
Al Hospers

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 08:15:31 AM »

Up all night with 2" of water in the basement...pretty much everything down there is toast. HAve to pull all the carpet and tear out the drywall before mold sets in...give me a yurt in Ojai california , rasied vegitable beds and a 20 hour a week job...and all this crap will be a distant memory.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »

How about a small strawbale near durango , growing weed ? :D

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »

Up all night with 2" of water in the basement...

wasn't this happening when you bought the house., what 4 years ago? wow...
Al Hospers

apbt1976

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »

Up all night with 2" of water in the basement...pretty much everything down there is toast. HAve to pull all the carpet and tear out the drywall before mold sets in...give me a yurt in Ojai california , rasied vegitable beds and a 20 hour a week job...and all this crap will be a distant memory.

Man that sucks water is the worst.. I feel for you man i have a basement that takes on water once or twice a decade in a major way and is a real pita when it happens.

Just keeping paint on the house the beds weeded and the lawn green is chore enough imop. If i could do it again it again and i have been looking i think i would do the house made out of two or three shipping containers and low maintenance natural landscaping. And no freaking neighbors to deal with on a daily basis!!!

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »

How about a small strawbale near durango , growing weed ? :D

That works....or a cobb house..been researching those too!! Love the natural handbuilt homes...with no basement!!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »

Well...nothing $10-12K won't take care of!!  :-[

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »

Grammy, Having twice cut out and hauled out saturated 6'x6' pieces of wall to wall carpet and undermatting within 10 months when my daughter was in high school I feel your pain. The first time was just before her prom and the post prom party was to be held in that room 10 days later (we had just had it refinished for the affair!) Those carpet pieces rolled up were probably the heaviest things I've ever lifted by the time the job was done-- give me 5 cords of firewood to stack any day!! I was ready to give the house to the highest bidder and move into my North Face VE24!! Courage brother! This too shall pass but it will suck worse than shoulder rehab! :( :'(

apbt1976

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »

Grammy, Having twice cut out and hauled out saturated 6'x6' pieces of wall to wall carpet and undermatting within 10 months when my daughter was in high school I feel your pain. The first time was just before her prom and the post prom party was to be held in that room 10 days later (we had just had it refinished for the affair!) Those carpet pieces rolled up were probably the heaviest things I've ever lifted by the time the job was done-- give me 5 cords of firewood to stack any day!! I was ready to give the house to the highest bidder and move into my North Face VE24!! Courage brother! This too shall pass but it will suck worse than shoulder rehab! :( :'(

That's right go easy on the freaking shoulder dealing with this. I totally did not think about that one....

I am not made of time but i have more than most. If you are really in a jam and need a hand i could lend one. In another life i was a residential building contractor and can do most anything you would need and very well other than plumbing and electrical. No this is not some plea for work as i am allergic but rather feel for you with that shoulder. My best guess is it is still kinda on the mend? I have had my fair share of household catastrophes to deal with mid rehab and it can really wreck ones head re injuring over a stupid freaking household chore!!

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2012, 05:15:06 PM »

That's right go easy on the freaking shoulder dealing with this. I totally did not think about that one....

I am not made of time but i have more than most. If you are really in a jam and need a hand i could lend one. In another life i was a residential building contractor and can do most anything you would need and very well other than plumbing and electrical. No this is not some plea for work as i am allergic but rather feel for you with that shoulder. My best guess is it is still kinda on the mend? I have had my fair share of household catastrophes to deal with mid rehab and it can really wreck ones head re injuring over a stupid freaking household chore!!

Thanks you guys...the hardest part has been separating the carpet from the wall with the tack board...it is stuck like glue and being wet doesn't give me the purchase I need...plus it weighs a shit ton!! I am cutting it and the 1" wool mat into small manageable pieces to lug out. So far so good. I have a few guys coming to look at it next week.

We are going to have to jack the floor around the perimeter, add perforated pipe, crushed stone and waterproof membrane...then cement over it with a sump pump with a back up battery...probably a marine grade deep cell would be my guess. If I can do most of the work. I could save some money...we will get the estimates and make the call from there! Just don't have time for this shit!! <sigh>
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 23 queries.