NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tree Keys  (Read 597 times)

plytheman

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Tree Keys
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 10:22:04 AM »

On the topic of Tree Keys, I went up it yesterday for the first time this season and passed a loose feeling block that was much larger than I'd like to drop on my partner's head. I chalked an "X" onto the block which sounded pretty hollow when I knocked, and there's a smaller rock right next to it up and right a little that had some serious wiggle to it. I know Humphrey's has a reputation but this seemed like a pretty prominent hand/foot hold along the route and, being one of the easier ones, I'd assume it's more popular. I was just top roping it and didn't pay attention to how many bolts up it was but I'd guess it was around 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up? Maybe when someone goes to fix the bolt they can take a look at that too and see if it's as sketchy as I thought it was.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Tree Keys
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 08:11:14 PM »

I climbed Tree Keys on Saturday afternoon and saw what plytheman was referring to. it's below and left of the bolt that's after the chimney. it's one of those things that I'm a bit nervous to start messing with 'cause you never know how much will come with it. tho I don't really feel "responsible" for the climb, if I get a chance I may try to get out there again next week and see if I can pry it out.

Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 23 queries.