Author Topic: New England Blizzard 2015!  (Read 165 times)

Offline JChepes

• NEClimbs Full Member
New England Blizzard 2015!
« on: Yesterday at 08:38:55 AM »
Potential for 2ft Monday night into Tuesday!  Finally!  Batten down the hatches....

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: New England Blizzard 2015!
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:05:05 PM »
Time to break out the good scotch and avalanche poodles

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:17:31 PM »
I hope the wifey can get out on Wednesday to pick me up at the airport! ;-) I'd hate to have to spend another day out here in LA!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 05:51:20 PM »
Oh, yippee....  I'll be busy.  An old pic (haven't had the truck in 2-3 years now), but one of these will be my home for the duration.....  If you are in Ossipee during the storm, stay the #@$%^&!!! outta my way! :D

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 07:33:24 PM »
Bouldering with no shirt today in the sun, six pads stashed in the cave so bring it on!   

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 07:43:14 PM »
hopeful I can avoid doing this again....    the last big storm 2 weeks before Xmass :P

Offline ed_esmond

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • if you can't laugh at yourself..
« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:52:24 AM »
Maybe it's time to take up "sport" plowing...

Oh, and is that what you mean by "ground-up"??

ed "who's flight to costa rica leaves at 8:30..."e
pragmatic: (adj) dealing with the problems that exist in a specific situation in a reasonable and logical way instead of depending on ideas and theories.

Offline pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: Today at 10:43:10 AM »
hopeful I can avoid doing this again....    the last big storm 2 weeks before Xmass :P

Good Lord man, how did you manage to put together enough speed to do that on that road? It must have been exciting.

I was driving home from work last Sun., hit a patch of black ice on I-93 and went into the guardrail (the roads were awful, half the tow companies the trooper called said, 'We're not going out, the roads suck') . End of Pathfinder. It was a good car. Still driving one of Enterprise's, but with the LDW, so I'll get froggy tomorrow. Which reminds me of a Sporty story: After he got his Trident he was assigned to Team Two in Norfolk. The guys who do the driving course for the Secret Service where they learn how to smash through blockages and spin cars off the road were going to give his platoon the course. As the new meat, it was his job to get stuff, including the vehicles. Went to the motor pool and they told him, 'We don't have any vehicles for that', but Seals don't get to go back and say, 'Not my fault, can't get cars.' So he thought about it for a minute, went down to the Avis office, and said 'I'd like to rent a dozen vehicles. Full damage waiver please.'
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: Today at 10:54:27 AM »
Nice one pappy..watch out for any "military ops" with vehicles.

My buddy "obtained" a really nice land rover in Somalia..2 weeks after getting it back to CO, his goats climbed up, smashing the windshield.
They tasted pretty good the next week

I predict 1,000 accidents in NE from this storm ?!