NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kancamagus Highway area to the top of the pass  (Read 3734 times)

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
Re: Kancamagus Highway area to the top of the pass
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »

I expect the bugs will be there next weekend, but with things so dry maybe we won't get hit hard (hoping at least).

Bugs have been out for a couple of weeks here, and maybe the smallest hatch of black flies that I have ever seen.   No mosquitoes yet, but unless things change (as they usually do)  :P it could be a very good bug year, and a bad one for the garden.

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »

Get on it if you would like David. It is all about the discovery, line and movement for me. It could use a quick sweep of the rock dust. I have TRed it a couple of times already in the process of figuring out where it goes, which is my usual operandi, so getting the first lead ascent of a line is not usually super  important to me. If it is,  I will put a red tag on it. I also have so many projects it would be unconscionable of me to expect everybody to stay off all of them. When they are ready, I turn a lot of my projects over to friends so they can try for the a vue FA.. My vanity still likes to get some credit so being  part of the ascent team as the second even is cool. It let's me move on to other projects faster!

Ward, it is going to be a great garden year! ..as long as the water table doesn't drop so much I can't water it. I'm really getting into my garden this year. It could be a bad year for fires though. Be super careful if you have one.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »

Thanks for sharing guys. This is all great stuff for someone who was inside working all weekend.
totally agree with that.....it was a beautiful weekend and being stuck working sucked!!! awesome pics of people getting after it!!!
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 05:39:18 PM »

Great pics guys. Looks like you have really been going at it.
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs Moderator
  • NEClimbs God
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2014, 07:51:02 PM »

I hiked out to the Main Wall of Greens from Sawyer pond trail yesterday to check on conditions. It was buggy (mostly mosquitoes and deer flies), but not as bad as usual for this time of year. I got along fine with just spray for most of the day. I didn't notice any black flies. The rock had some seepage, but it looked liked a couple dry days would clear most of it up. The place is like Findhorn: vegetation at the base of routes seems to grow back at triple speed! ..needs more traffic.
The way in was easy to follow IMO, with the few buswhacky spots after the junction for the NE crags well flagged. I do suggest not pushing it though and hoping to find your way out under headlamp. Also, bring a GPS or at least a compass and map just in case. It is 1.77 miles from the Sawyer pond parking to the Main Wall. It took me 40 min hiking back out quickly with a few short stops for Guiness. I bet somebody in shape could do it in 30, Alfonzo about 5   :P More info on MP, including a link to a GPX file for the way to the NE crags.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2014, 05:53:18 PM »

Hell, it doesn't really count anymore, does it ?

40 minutes ?  shit that's how long it takes for Cannon  8) You need to go farther..mark
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.