Author Topic: Southern White Mountains: Rumney and Surroundings  (Read 14300 times)

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: Southern White Mountains: Rumney and Surroundings
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
Rumny was bone dry yesterday

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
...climbing today at Rumney was great. Rock climbing that is. Kinda bummed but oh well. There's certainly plenty of water running in the normal places.

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
Tried to skin up Moosalake carrige road today. It looked ok @ the trailhead. about 1/2 mile in just when I was finding a rythem and feeling like I might get a good ski in the snow fizzeled out completly. I hiked a bit but no love so bailed and got 1/2mile of actual semi downhill sking back to the car.  :P

Offline lukeweiss

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2015, 08:14:58 PM »
Spent the day at kinsman. Good stuff coming in in the main area, climbed around leprechaun and shamrock. Pot o gold is in but still small, hanging by a moment thin. Overall a shadow of what it was last year, but still gin climbing.

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2015, 09:14:40 PM »
Climbed at Kinsman yesterday. Ice pretty good. Folks should stay off pot-o-gold to let it bulld. Highlight of day was watching Matt Ritter doing a new route that he suspects goes at M9. I'm sure at some point we will know more.

Offline lukeweiss

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2015, 10:13:35 AM »
That was a treat! Didn't know the etiquette on mentioning it, but since you did, I will add that watching Matt was an education, brilliant climber. 
I suppose we met yesterday then! I was one of the two with Alex practicing multi-pitch skills.

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »
LW,

Too funny that you were there. Honestly I was hesitant to mention at first but felt it's was such an incredible piece of climbing I had to at least give it the little bit of info I've passed along.

I'm sure Matt at some point will provide more details - somewhere. With that even more so he was a really nice guy to talk to and quite humble in what he had just done. I was mighty impressed!

Hopefully with my brief mention I haven't broken any etiquette rules!

Have a great ice season.

Mark

Offline lukeweiss

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2015, 03:10:29 PM »
You too! Did you guys climb the pillar to the R of the (I think) leprachaun slab? Good fun.

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
Not this time but have in the past!

Offline Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2015, 02:31:03 PM »
Brush fires have been a problem in the Rumney area for the past couple weeks. Even with the recent couple days of rain, the ground is still very dry. There was a fire ban until a couple days ago, but even though it's been lifted: please be careful with your campfires!
We came to climb, not to whine.

Offline JBro

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2015, 03:41:27 PM »
I'm just south of Concord and we're posted "high" and I believe no fire permits right now. (I think it has to be medium or lower in town to get a permit.)
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Nemesis

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 12:43:21 PM »
Newfound is good to go

Offline markvnh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2016, 03:38:11 PM »
PSA - it's VICEFest weekend at Kinsman. Tufts University. Fortunately we got a very early start and got five routes in without much waiting at all. By the time we left just about everything had multiple top ropes set up. With that said everybody was having a good time!

Offline rbirk

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2016, 07:54:07 AM »
PSA - it's VICEFest weekend at Kinsman. Tufts University. Fortunately we got a very early start and got five routes in without much waiting at all. By the time we left just about everything had multiple top ropes set up. With that said everybody was having a good time!

I was at kinsman yesterday. It was a zoo!! But a friendly fun zoo. Ice was much thinner than normal but enough to climb on.