Author Topic: WTB: La Sportiva Batura 42.5  (Read 257 times)

Offline Dave7

• NEClimbs Newbie
WTB: La Sportiva Batura 42.5
« on: January 31, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »
Let me know what you have!  Would prefer the 2nd gen baturas with the improved zippers.

Offline Mike Hancock

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: WTB: La Sportiva Batura 42.5
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 07:48:48 PM »
I recently bought a pair of Spantiks size 42.5 in excellent condition, however they are slightly too small for me.  Would you be interested?

Offline perswig

• NEClimbs God
Re: WTB: La Sportiva Batura 42.5
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 11:16:47 AM »
Whoa, zombie thread.

What I heard --- now, this is from a friend of my third cousin's pen-pal ........... so I tend to believe it --- is that Dave7 gave up on his dream of wearing the Baturas to nail the second ascent of J. Lowe's Metonoia (plug for the man/icon and fundraising here:  http://jeffloweclimber.com/) after meeting a beautiful trustifarian/Hare Krishna named Tristessa and moving with her and her seven love-children to a suburb of Kuala Lumpur, where daily they pack up the children (now up to 9 or 10, thanks to Dave and maybe some other dads) and hitchhike or borrow Tristessa's estranged great-uncle's tuk-tuk to travel to the coast where they find their bliss taking 'aura' photos of sun-bathing tourists, often Frenchmen wearing banana-hammocks.

On the off-chance that all that above is NOT the god's-honest, cross-my-heart and hope-to-die (we'll keep metallic-shard corneal perforations out of this) truth, you may want to PM him, as he appears not have been 'active' here since March 2013.

Good story, though, huh?
Dale
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.