Author Topic: Climbers house?  (Read 694 times)

apbt1976

Climbers house?
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
Am i wrong in thinkink Chauven Guides has some kinda climbers bunk house type deal for like $20 a night.

I need a place to stay this Saturday that is inexpensive and not a flea bag bed bug trap. Funds are starting to run low at this point in the season and i rather not spend an excessive amount of $$$ on a room!

Any other options people can suggest? I am gonna be in Franconia Notch Saturday and then North Conway/Crawford/Mount Washington Area Sunday. Still have not decided what i am climbing Sunday really depends on what is in shape?

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Climbers house?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:53:44 PM »
Synnott Mountain Guides, not Chauvin
Al Hospers

apbt1976

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
Ahh that's why i could not find it.

Been driving back and forth from mass 3 times a week 3.5 hrs each way and the gas is really starting to put a dent in my winter climbing fund.

Thank you Al!

DWT

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
It's been busy this year.  Make sure to touch base with Mark ahead of a planned stay. 

apbt1976

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:37 PM »
It's been busy this year.  Make sure to touch base with Mark ahead of a planned stay.

Just did full.

Gotta get a cap on the truck this summer and set up so i can live outa it a day or two at a time.

DGoguen

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 08:07:12 AM »
Gotta get a cap on the truck this summer and set up so i can live outa it a day or two at a time.
A platform with a full on futon matress is pretty comfy.
You can slide plastic bins underneath with gear, stoves, food, Etc. Multiple weeks, no problem.
Pretty stealth for some hard to camp towns out west.

apbt1976

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:09 AM »
A platform with a full on futon matress is pretty comfy.
You can slide plastic bins underneath with gear, stoves, food, Etc. Multiple weeks, no problem.
Pretty stealth for some hard to camp towns out west.

I was thinking something like this but sitting up has gotta be a real bitch! Maybe with one of those caps that has a real high back half section?

The real trick is gonna be piping some from of heat from the front to the back or rigging some kind of battery that charges off the engine also that i can run a space heater off of?

I would jut remove my passengers side seat for the weekend and sleep there. I once took it out out  for my dog and it set the air bag sensor off. No big deal but then you have to pay $$$$ to get it reset before inspection.

Between this and a woody in the basement, yard work and painting one side of the house and doing some touch up on the other three sides i should be maxed out for spring summer and fall projects.