Author Topic: Check out this guy’s X position  (Read 701 times)

Offline apbt1976

• NEClimbs God
Re: Check out this guy’s X position
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/communities/spearfish/naked-ice-climber-scales-frozen-waterfall/article_8da79718-5858-11e1-98a4-001871e3ce6c.html

Only thing that could make ice climbing better is doing it naked. Only thing that i can think of better than naked ice climbing is LSD and naked ice climbing.

I kid for real though LSD and climbing are a no go for me. I am sure many have given it a pretty darn impressive try though. Actually i am sure more than one rock/ice climber has given LSD induced climbing a rather successful go?

Thanks for sharing!!!

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:18:57 PM »
My two fav quotes -
"He told me it wasn't as cold as you think it might be," Jones said.
and
"We would prefer that people don't climb naked," Jones said. "It could be distracting if you're driving. If you see a naked guy climbing, you might drive off the road."

A friend of mine led Madam G down at the Gunks in the buff one night back in the 90's.  He had a headlamp which he used sparingly during the climb.  He was nowhere near being the 1st to have done naked climbing down at the Gunks.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
My two fav quotes -
"He told me it wasn't as cold as you think it might be," Jones said.
and
"We would prefer that people don't climb naked," Jones said. "It could be distracting if you're driving. If you see a naked guy climbing, you might drive off the road."

A friend of mine led Madam G down at the Gunks in the buff one night back in the 90's.  He had a headlamp which he used sparingly during the climb.  He was nowhere near being the 1st to have done naked climbing down at the Gunks.

If he was wearing shoes then he wasn't naked.  Almost all "naked" ascents are with shoes. 

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »
Good point, Ward.  Yes, he probably wore Mythos.  By the way, you know this fellow RI'er.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ