Author Topic: Thank You!  (Read 3705 times)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Thank You!
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »
A big Thank You to all of you who have sent well wishes, positive comments and encouragement while I underwent some major shoulder surgery this past week. A brief update is that when they had me opened up they discovered that my rotator cuff was torn as well, so they decided (with the approval of my wife) to repair that also. They opened my shoulder up with a 4-5" incision to repair and rebuild the three torn ligaments in my AC joint using a graft and donor tissue (several plastic screws), they also had to shave off a good portion of my clavicle (clavicular reduction) and also had to drill several holes in the bone to properly anchor my labrum which was 70% torn away. I am in a sling for another week, but I get the stitches out and dressings removed on thursday in Franconia. Then it will be a long and arduous road to recovery. All said and done, I should be back climbing easy routes by the beginning of June if I progress through the PT program like I am hoping. Hell...I climbed right up to the day before my operation with no AC Joint, no Rotator cuff and a torn labrum...PT should be a piece of cake right??   :)

Looking forward to sharing a rope with you guys this spring! Thanks again for everthing
Kindest Regards
Grammy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:31:55 PM by old_school »
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:34:49 PM »
Grammy
I missed that you were having surgery. May your PT go well with a speedy recovery. Let me know when you first start climbing again and maybe I can keep up with you for the first day or two.
Get Well!
David G

DWT

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:37:03 PM »
Is that the new Avalung? Just kiddin' ;)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »

It is! New prototype but we are trying to keep it hush hush...
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline Climber57r

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »
Now I definately have something to say about not riding clipless on the trails. Speedy recovery man. See you on the rock in June for sure. : )
Good times. Good climbs. Get out there, get after it, and most of all enjoy it.

"A not neat knot, is a knot not needed"

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »

Full of Sierra Nevada no doubt...    JUNE ?  Suck it it and come see me.. you'll be dead before June

sent you a pm

Offline Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »
Grammy: I know you can lift a pint left handed so let's get together this week! I'm around through March at least!

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 06:54:33 PM »
Best wishes from a fellow gimp...

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 06:56:44 PM »
Grammy: I know you can lift a pint left handed so let's get together this week! I'm around through March at least!
a pint or two Jeff...just got to get me off these pain killers!!  ;)

Offline slink

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
Hope you have a speedy recovery.I start PT Wed for a broken humorus.I am hoping that I do not need surgery myself,time will tell.See you out there soon.
 Jim
bailing is not failing!!!

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »
Hope you have a speedy recovery.I start PT Wed for a broken humorus.I am hoping that I do not need surgery myself,time will tell.See you out there soon.
 Jim

Oh man Jim...I hope you can avoid the knife as well. good luck to you bro and hope to see you out there strong as ever this Spring!

Offline bennybrew

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »
DON'T DIE GRAMMY! :-*

:)

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 05:55:03 AM »

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »
so how goes the battle Grammy? you should be making some progress by now... are you still teaching?
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »
so how goes the battle Grammy? you should be making some progress by now... are you still teaching?

Hey Al!

First day back at school yesterday. Making progress every day...slow progress, but progress nonetheless. I get the stitches out Thursday, X-rays and dressing removed...then I think I get to start PT. June is my target date to be back out on the rock...we will see!