Author Topic: Climbing safety and the Mtn. Gods!  (Read 591 times)

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Climbing safety and the Mtn. Gods!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 06:08:40 PM »
Long hair,, balding... hand drill..rigid Friends..... ::)

You can put a helmet on me at my confligration

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 10:05:28 PM »
I hope that people like LL who believe you can make everything we do in the mountains safe by reading books and following rules will read this....

the shock on the head should have cause intern damage
 it is what I thought first.

it is hard to understand that if you have 30 percent chance of accident, it is different than if you have 70 percent. unfortunately, Dave don't understand that.

education help to lower the risk. where ever you take your experience. I always learn things from book and people, test it before using it in the field and climb lower grade althought i climbed at my level. this year I am in very bad shape. so I don't lead at my limit.

a typical climber that you form is one I had recently in a multipitch. he was doing a rappel with a prusick. the prusick jam.  and the climber let the rope go and use is both hands to untied the prusick at one hundred feet from the ground. some of you are stupid enough to to say that it is normal. the guy want to lead. imagine the danger
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:32:06 AM by lucky luke »

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 09:01:06 AM »
I hope that people like LL who believe you can make everything we do in the mountains safe by reading books and following rules will read this....
it is hard to understand that if you have 30 percent chance of accident, it is different than if you have 70 percent. unfortunately, Dave don't understand that.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything I posted you moron? One thing I do understand is you are a complete fucking idiot, that I am sure of.

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 09:28:17 AM »
a typical climber that you form is one I had recently in a multipitch. he was doing a rappel with a prusick. the prusick jam.  and the climber let the rope go and use is both hands to untied the prusick at one hundred feet from the ground. some of you are stupid enough to to say that it is normal. the guy want to lead. imagine the danger

1. Again, What the fuck does this have to do with my post? We were hiking down dumb-fuck and a rock split and dumped me. NO AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE CAN CHANGE THE FACT THAT SHIT HAPPENS, BETWEEN MY PARTNER AND I THERE IS ALMOST 90 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE CLIMBING AND GUIDING. Rick Wilcox told me something many years ago after a very scary experience that I will never forget and he is right on!

"If you play the climbing game for a long time and play hard chances are that something bad will happen, hopefully you walk away with a scary story and no more." Rick Wilcox to Roger Greenwood and I after we were bombed by massive rockfall on Union Jack and my leg was broken back in 1990. The rock fall started 200' above us, I'm sure in your book we fucked up and caused it!

2. "Some of you are stupid enough to to say that it is normal."

I vote you the #1 most ignorant asshole to ever post on this board!

I know either personally or thru reputation almost everyone who posts regularly here, and I would tie in at anytime with any of them. I can't say that about you, you are such an asshole that I would never climb with you no matter how good you THINK you are!

LL putting it all on the line in Pawtuckaway! Such an attentive belayer.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:55:03 AM by DaveR »

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 09:33:09 AM »
Dave..your just a big dummy.....

30  chance of accident ? Wow....I think I'm just gonna make up some numbers too

So if you run the Ridge 10 times,,then you get hurt 3x....

LL ..ever hear of the leg wrap during a rappel ?

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
Dave..your just a big dummy.....

I know John, I was just hopefull that you would not confirm it!

On another note, hung out with TC the other night for a bit. He says hi.

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 09:56:19 AM »
,"If you play the climbing game for a long time and play hard chances are that something bad will happen, hopefully you walk away with a scary story and no more." Rick Wilcox to Roger Greenwood and I after we were bombed by massive rockfall on Union Jack and my leg was broken back in 1990. The rock fall started 200' above us, I'm sure in your book we fucked up

as I said you don't understand the difference between 30 and 70 percent chance of danger.

Rick Wilcox, in climbing hard, will probably talk about the high risk of accident that some climber have. if you are in the group of 70 percent of accident....ounce every ten climb you are going to have shit. On the other side, if you are in the group or thirty percent or can lower it by climbing only gym to close to zero percent...it is not so dangerous.

the problem is not that you don,t understand the difference. it is that a beginner think that to have fun climbing one most risk his life. or they didn'care about other.

and with other conception that climbing 5.11 in a gym or a crag make you a safe trad climber is also false. it was a time where people try to climb all the 5.7 in an area before climbing 5.8. if you climb ounce a week...it will take 50 week for 50 climb. if you climb three route a week. it will take you seventeen week. so climbing at your level make sense. the rating and number of day of climbing most gave you an idea of the most difficult climb you can do in trad. I prefer to climb a 5.7 with fun people than to climb hard with people who can die at each move...for no reason than their ego

hope nobody is in that category

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 10:07:22 AM »
I think i know a bit about serious climbs  R and X rated...and you don't know shit about them. You might get hurt..or die..but it's really a pretty remote thing.  Very few climbs are really X...i think a lot of easier climbs are more dangerous because of the potential for ledge fall and such..or overcrowding..or not paying attention...or...

Zero chance of injury in a gym ?  Really..a buddy of mine who is more experienced than all of us got badly hurt in a gym fall a couple of years ago...failure to complete his knot,,been climbing 50  years

he did say she was really good looking though   8)

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
,"If you play the climbing game for a long time and play hard chances are that something bad will happen, hopefully you walk away with a scary story and no more." Rick Wilcox to Roger Greenwood and I after we were bombed by massive rockfall on Union Jack and my leg was broken back in 1990. The rock fall started 200' above us, I'm sure in your book we fucked up

as I said you don't understand the difference between 30 and 70 percent chance of danger.

Rick Wilcox, in climbing hard, will probably talk about the high risk of accident that some climber have. if you are in the group of 70 percent of accident....ounce every ten climb you are going to have shit. On the other side, if you are in the group or thirty percent or can lower it by climbing only gym to close to zero percent...it is not so dangerous.

the problem is not that you don,t understand the difference. it is that a beginner think that to have fun climbing one most risk his life. or they didn'care about other.

and with other conception that climbing 5.11 in a gym or a crag make you a safe trad climber is also false. it was a time where people try to climb all the 5.7 in an area before climbing 5.8. if you climb ounce a week...it will take 50 week for 50 climb. if you climb three route a week. it will take you seventeen week. so climbing at your level make sense. the rating and number of day of climbing most gave you an idea of the most difficult climb you can do in trad. I prefer to climb a 5.7 with fun people than to climb hard with people who can die at each move...for no reason than their ego

hope nobody is in that category

Maybe someday you can teach me o great climbing master!

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 11:08:52 AM »

Zero chance of injury in a gym ? 
I said to close too zero percent.

percentage is not an absolute number like no accident.

when you lower the risk...it means that you have a deep understanding of the technique and that you can make a distinction between a risk and a danger. a risk is when you avoid the danger by using good skill.

some of my friend don't have scholarship, but they like so much climbing and try to learn any things that they have more knowledge than me. some other just told how they place there life in danger because they don't have knowledge and just show there ignorance.

Offline DaveR

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 01:20:24 PM »
The only one showing total ignorance here is you LL.

The post didn't even really have anything to do with climbing stupid. A BIG rock split in half hiking down a trail and dumped me on my head. There is nothing you can do to reduce that kind of risk other than lock yourself in your room! That is the point!

SOMETIMES SHIT JUST HAPPENS STUPID!

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 01:36:08 PM »
Danger Will Robinson !!!!!

Someday i will figure out danger and risk...maybe not

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson