Author Topic: Stupid climbing rulze  (Read 670 times)

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
Re: Stupid climbing rulze
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 09:01:11 PM »
# 12.  The rules don't apply to me (just kidding....sort of).

Offline steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »
Thats right Ward. Rules don't apply to those who helped write the rules. ;)

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 12:16:12 PM »
That is actually rule #1 - "I'm special"
It is probably the only rule I consistently follow.
Leaders lead and occasionally fuck up. Followers go along or complain.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
# 12.  The rules don't apply to me (just kidding....sort of).

In Warren Harding we trust.  "I wanted to climb the  Nose, so I went and did it"

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »
I tend to make the rules as I see fit 8)
 I once caught an over zellous tard climber  (I checked, it was not Lucky luke) stealing a KB off of Autum Feaver one of Isa's and my climbs. He was solo top ropeing. I waited untill he was near the top of the cliff and then soloed up Center Crack and  squatted next to him ( he was still roped in) to have a chat.  I asked him why he cleaned the pin. He answered that it was for ethical reasons as there is micro gear near the pin.  I asked him if he had led the route. he said that he had. I asked  did you climb through the roof..?  A. no, I traversed under it. I replied that is Turkey land 5.8+ PG13  The pins were for Autum Feaver 10+/11a 5.6X straight through the roof on  a nest of KB and micro gear that is the only thing keeping you from a bad groundfall that is in that nasty zone somewhere between steering a wheelchair with a straw and getting wheeled downstairs  into the refridgirator.  The crap gear nest is below the roof and once you turn the thing you still have 15ft of 5.6X to get a green alien.   He still felt adamant that the micro gear was sufficient even though he had only top roped it.  I informed him that  it was no biggie, I will just put a bolt there.  He then informed me that according to the book bolting was not permitted on that part of the cliff. I told him no worries  but I will put the bolt there anyways.  I neglected to inform him that I wrote the Deer Leap section of the guide. I never did get arround to placeing that bolt but someday I will. Had he left my pins alone it would have stayed a tard climb forever 8)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:07:34 PM by tradmanclimbz »

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 07:13:15 PM »
excellent story

Offline crazyt

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • whatever
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 07:17:39 PM »
Rules?  :P
work hard, play harder

Offline tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »
I'm with Ted on that one ;D

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 09:01:49 PM »
Rules?  :P

Now that's funny. Rules? We don't need no stinkin rules!

Offline krankonthis

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 05:52:49 PM »
No ones going to comment on LL saying murder wall?!?  Im going to tromp around the woods until I find a wall to call The Murder Wall!

Offline kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 08:50:33 AM »
Don't feed the troll.

Offline Lucky4Uguys

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 09:15:41 AM »

ps lucky: not all people do things "to say that I am good…"  they just do things because they like to do it….  also, years ago i lived in newark, nj; at the time the "murder capital of the US…" so i feel your pain…

I think that many people have an ethic and few climb just to say....  My text was more in reference to tradmanclimbz post on "its the line not the style".  when you don't care about the style, you dont care about the ethic

Wow. I read this. I understood it.

Bashie in rock like nuts in wedge. I had my nuts in my hand the other day. I put them in wedge crevice, I fell. So I grabbed bigger nuts.