NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cathedral Today  (Read 517 times)

DLottmann

Cathedral Today
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »

Perfect morning there, no one in the lot at 9am. We did a fun link up of Toe Crack to the top of Thin Air in 2.5 pitches... it was really quite good (and fast).

P1: Standard Route p1 into Toe Crack crossing over Turnerís Flake, finish Toe Crack and climb up about 20 feet in the Standard Chimney and belay from tree with slings. About 175ft.

P2: Traverse left and up on runout easier face climbing to join Thin Air just below the Chimney. Continue up through crux to pine tree. 195 feet.

We finished up the direct 5.8 finish, then moved over to Saigons to rap (use the low traverse people, much more secure than the high road). Took a quick TR on P3 of Rapid, then rapped to bongs on Thin Air (someone added a 3rd bong???), then tension rapped right to my pack at the base of Windfall... done by noon. You can really get around with 1 60m rope if you know the cliff and there are no other parties out!

The other tomcat

• NEClimbs God
Re: Cathedral Today
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »

The cliff is as dry as I have ever seen it. 3 Birches now or never !!
Tom Stryker

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »

C'mon Tom, give the rock a chance--wait for 3 Birches until there's at LEAST a BIT of a seep :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:20:37 PM by Jeff »

The other tomcat

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:35:05 AM »

I call it the fixed wet spot...lol...Good firm 5.8 that route...
Tom Stryker

dpen

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 06:27:43 PM »

C'mon Tom, give the rock a chance--wait for 3 Birches until there's at LEAST a BIT of a seep :)

Ha ha Jeff.   Remember we did it last year (I think).  It was a bit damp and I took a nice swing only to get back on and find a nice wet streak with yellow jackets flying around at the top of the arch?    It was still fun....

D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 23 queries.