General > Rock Climbing: Sport

Rumney Parking!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< < (2/6) > >>

Admin Al:
time to go to Dickey Mountain, Sundown, Lost or Found Ledge, Woodchuck, Green's, Crag-Y or any of the countless cool outback crags where you will likely not see another soul.

DWT:

--- Quote from: old_school on April 18, 2012, 10:08:10 AM ---I think climbers should be able to buy a day pass at the library/monorail station...take the monorail in and back at the end of the day. They could issue several passes that would allow climbers to access certain crags, thus keeping numbers reasonable. The state could hire ticket takers to monitor climbers and to make sure that they have paid and are not trying to sneak into a crag that they had not purchased. I figure there are close to 12 crags there...we provide 24 new jobs (two shifts of attendants), three to four monorail pilots, the library doubles as the monorail terminal and we could provide shuttles from the field (now paved parking lot) just before you cross the bridge on the main road. So we solve the parking problem, plus overcrowding at the crags, and we boost the local economy.  ;)

--- End quote ---
  No Thanks.  If I have two crowded trips to a crag, I prolly don't go back on the weekend.  I gotta believe others would do the same.  Thus sorting out the overcrowding in the end without giving "big bro" another foothold.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Admin Al on April 18, 2012, 11:04:01 AM ---time to go to Dickey Mountain, Sundown, Lost or Found Ledge, Woodchuck, Green's, Crag-Y or any of the countless cool outback crags where you will likely not see another soul.

--- End quote ---

Al, Those places don't even exist! What are you talking about? ;D

old_school:

--- Quote from: DWT on April 18, 2012, 04:23:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: old_school on April 18, 2012, 10:08:10 AM ---I think climbers should be able to buy a day pass at the library/monorail station...take the monorail in and back at the end of the day. They could issue several passes that would allow climbers to access certain crags, thus keeping numbers reasonable. The state could hire ticket takers to monitor climbers and to make sure that they have paid and are not trying to sneak into a crag that they had not purchased. I figure there are close to 12 crags there...we provide 24 new jobs (two shifts of attendants), three to four monorail pilots, the library doubles as the monorail terminal and we could provide shuttles from the field (now paved parking lot) just before you cross the bridge on the main road. So we solve the parking problem, plus overcrowding at the crags, and we boost the local economy.  ;)

--- End quote ---
  No Thanks.  If I have two crowded trips to a crag, I prolly don't go back on the weekend.  I gotta believe others would do the same.  Thus sorting out the overcrowding in the end without giving "big bro" another foothold.

--- End quote ---

Ok..what about a tram or ski lift?   lol

I remember back about 27-28 years ago or so my friend Chris and I would walk along the base of those crags and shake our heads at what a shame it was that there were no lines on most of those cliffs...you couldn't get anyone to go to Rumney because it was dirty, wet and had crappy pro. Funny how life changes...

Admin Al:

--- Quote from: Dave on April 18, 2012, 05:08:38 PM ---Al, Those places don't even exist! What are you talking about? ;D

--- End quote ---

LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version