NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recompense Chimney  (Read 1163 times)

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
Re: Recompense Chimney
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 07:42:29 PM »

I usually have doubbles on that climb so i go right from the top of the recompense corner to the top of the prow In one easy shot. nothing awkward that i recall?

apbt1976

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »

All great info for another time so thank you all much!

It ended up pissing light rain on and off all day Thursday. We ended up just doing FunHouse. Go to the top of that and found bird closure signs all over the place could not decide what was and was not Upper Refuse open or closed and with the rain just decided to walk off to the left as apposed to fuck with bird closures or mistakenly wonder onto a wet 5.9 climb as apposed to 5.5 - 5.7?

Kinda a bummer but some climbing is better than no climbing.

Cant wait to get on the flake though sounds bad ass!! Actually cant wait for it to stop freaking raining so dam much. Anyone not work on Monday and Tuesday as i could use a regular partner for those days.

DLottmann

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 12:07:13 AM »

ďAll over the placeĒ? Iíve only seen two up there.. one at Retaliation, and left of it 80 or so feet. To the right youíd find Upper Refuse, which is not closed, and fun in the rain. You should grab the new guidebook, itíll really help with the route finding!

Joe_Re

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »

The worst part of the Beast Flake was belaying from the flake on top of the flake and watching it flex!!!  The move into the chimney wasn't bad, though getting up that six or eight feet was a slog as was the first fifteenish feet of the final pitch.  That belay along with Jolt at Rumney; I'd rather hit myself in the dick with a hammer than climb em again..

Go!

Joe.
"Men hang out signs indicative of their respective trades: shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; a jewler a monster watch; and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the Franconia Mountains of New Hampshire god almighty has hung out a sign to say in New England he makes men".
Daniel Webster 18?

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »

Oh, Jolt is not all that bad now.  Those flakes will hold!  Unlike some of the "dinner plates" I pulled on down at The Red.  Cracked dinner plates I should add. 
Jolt was much scarier when it was a mixed route years ago!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 23 queries.