NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bombardment..  (Read 2622 times)

kobrien87

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • Keeghan O'Brien
Re: Bombardment..
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 08:44:32 PM »

Regarding bombardment and not wanting to start a new thread... I've heard its possible to climb the first pitch of Starfire and traverse to the Bombardment crack?  How close are they and is this just a walk over on the ledge?  Not too familiar with Lower left wall, and it wasn't super clear to me after looking at the topo in Websters guide. 

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 11:57:54 PM »

kobrien87:

yes you absolutely can do this. it's not exactly a wide ledge, but it is easily traversed. there is, however, no gear so you should be very careful as you do it. then you can belay at the tree, your second can follow, again carefully. I just find it easier to climb the little slab, tho it is a bit dicey.
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 07:22:27 AM »

kobrien87:

yes you absolutely can do this. it's not exactly a wide ledge, but it is easily traversed. there is, however, no gear so you should be very careful as you do it. then you can belay at the tree, your second can follow, again carefully. I just find it easier to climb the little slab, tho it is a bit dicey.

+1 (agreed) very little pro between the two routes with the exeption of the crack that marks the start of Wester Lady. The slab is a lot of fun and even after 20+ years of climbing it, it still gives the heart a jump! 
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Erik N

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »

Climbing the start to Western Lady and then stepping left into Bombardment is also fun and is still only 5.8.

Erik N

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 07:56:50 AM »

Climbing the start to Western Lady and then stepping left into Bombardment is also fun and is still only 5.8.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »

I did that variation a couple of years ago and I agree Erik! Great gear and really fun moves, Western Bombardment I think it is called?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

steveclimbs

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 11:25:32 PM »

Hey Chris,

On the traverse, just after you step up, several feet on the ledge is a piton.  It is usually covered over, but if you look closely you will find it, and it could be useful so you can protect from a big fall if you slip on the rotting pine needles.  Hey have you sent the climb to the right of star fire yet?  (Once upon a climb, I think.)  It is really fun and thin, and you can join up with the top of starfire, a thin crack.

steve Frechette

And there is no way the Hurley climb above the start of bombardment is 5.10, it is more like 5.8 slab.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:28:20 PM by steveclimbs »

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »

Hey Chris,
On the traverse, just after you step up, several feet on the ledge is a piton.  It is usually covered over, but if you look closely you will find it, and it could be useful so you can protect from a big fall if you slip on the rotting pine needles.  Hey have you sent the climb to the right of star fire yet?  (Once upon a climb, I think.)  It is really fun and thin, and you can join up with the top of starfire, a thin crack.

steve Frechette

Yes I know where that piton is and yes I have climbed those routes to the right. Very spicy but very fun!!! When are you coming back East partner?

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 09:18:27 PM »

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Girard

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »

Am I not supposed to do that? I'm new to the community so I don't know all the rules yet. =D

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 10:03:18 PM »

I think it is fine, newer routes are often 'cross referenced' at this site.
You don't mind, do you, Admin Al?

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Girard

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »

I just saw it in the new guide book then went out and climbed it today. I wanted to add a tick but the route wasn't added there yet.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »

Good seeing you out there yesterday Girard. Fun route isn't it?

Girard

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »

You too Chris! Yeah Bombbardment was great, it's a perfect line.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 01:11:31 PM »

You too Chris! Yeah Bombardment was great, it's a perfect line.

Very fun indeed! I was testing the shoulder on Ego Trip's first pitch down there below you guys...it hurt, but it passed! This morning...no real noticeable swelling or pain...so a step closer to full recovery. We then went over and ran up the Saigons! Great evening despite the bugs!  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.412 seconds with 22 queries.