NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bombardment..  (Read 2763 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Bombardment..
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »

Grammy,   sounds like you're almost ready for move or lose it, well, soon enough

Getting there Dave! A bit of a setback this week for some reason? I think I may have pushed it too hard at PT Wednesday....very sore and tender. But soon enough...you up for it?

Sack it up Grammy  :D Possessed is waiting.  !

George gets a rap bolting pass from me.

alclimbup2

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »

I figured you would chip in on this John, man getting soft in your old age, just kidding

DLottmann

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

There is another cool climb just above it that makes a nice alternative to Bombardment. You climb the 2nd pitch of Pleasant Street then up and left is a short headwall with a few bolts protecting some good face climbing... 5.10+ I think... not sure if its in the route section here, Iíll look....

Nope, not in the route section. Al you should ask George for the details of that route... I think he put it up 2 years ago...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:54:26 PM by DMan »

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »

Grammy,   sounds like you're almost ready for move or lose it, well, soon enough

Getting there Dave! A bit of a setback this week for some reason? I think I may have pushed it too hard at PT Wednesday....very sore and tender. But soon enough...you up for it?

Sack it up Grammy  :D Possessed is waiting.  !

George gets a rap bolting pass from me.

LOL...OK OK John...I'll sack up!!!!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

terminusnout

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »

SOAP is a much harder and sooooo much more direct variant to the og start of bombardment. All the moves from getting off the ledge to getting to the tree are full value 5.10 NH slab. The best part of it is being able to continue past the old belay and hit the anchor tree with a 60 meter as opposed to one short pitch and a medium length one.

DLottmann

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »

The best part of it is being able to continue past the old belay and hit the anchor tree with a 60 meter as opposed to one short pitch and a medium length one.

You can do this easily using the original start, and itís what I do every time now. Starting at the ground climb that one move finger crack, up and right to the horizontal crack, drop the #2 with a shoulder sling, up the 5.6r dike, next piece up in Bombardment crack and you should have almost no drag and 40+ rope left over at the tree...

You know for the 3 days that there was a bolted anchor at the top you could actually rap to the ground with 1 60m rope without stopping at that tree 50 feet up...

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 08:08:26 PM »

You know for the 3 days that there was a bolted anchor at the top you could actually rap to the ground with 1 60m rope without stopping at that tree 50 feet up...

;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 01:05:55 PM »

Is this the dark slab ?? i swear it used to have bolt bitd   ???

DLottmann

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »

Is this the dark slab ?? i swear it used to have bolt bitd   ???

If youíre talking about the new 3 bolt Hurley route no, itís very clean, lighter slab, directly above the start of Pleasent St.

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »

That bolted rap anchor would still be there if the (right) person installed it. Perfect example of  NC bolting ethics. Who you are means much more than what you do :P

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 07:23:11 PM »

that 3 bolt alternative is a blast. did it a couple times last year..... totally worth it :)
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

WanderlustMD

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

Glad to hear you are getting better, Grambo!

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 09:11:16 AM »

Glad to hear you are getting better, Grambo!

Thanks Matt! Can't wait to get back out there! This is torture!!!

icejock

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 08:12:55 AM »

The route was put up by George Hurley, Joe Cote and a Dr. Kaan. The route is called Age before Beauty and was named by George's wife. Would make a good trivia question, don't you think? 

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 07:46:17 AM »

The route was put up by George Hurley, Joe Cote and a Dr. Kaan. The route is called Age before Beauty and was named by George's wife. Would make a good trivia question, don't you think?

+1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 23 queries.