General > Climbing Gear Q & A

Tc Pro or Mythos..

(1/10) > >>

apbt1976:
What are peoples thoughts.

I have tried the Mythos on and they fit my feet awesome. I have terribly battered injured feet so comfy shoes matter to me more than most.

On the other hand being new to climbing i have worn a beginners shoe 5-10 Coyote and not so beginner shoe LS Katana. I wish my dogs could handle the Katanas but they destroy my achilles. They climb like a dream in comparison to my Coyotes, so much so it makes me want to suffer the Katanas out however i just can't do it.

For micro and small edges and smearing how do the Mythos and TcPros compare to each other. I really want something stiff that edges well for the small stuff you start to find around 5-10 b and up.

slink:
Been climbing on Mythos for years and they are a great all around shoe. I think with battered feet find something that feels good.Most shoes now have good rubber and any brand will work well under 5.12.BLASPHEMY :P

apbt1976:

--- Quote from: slink on April 20, 2012, 09:07:06 AM ---Been climbing on Mythos for years and they are a great all around shoe. I think with battered feet find something that feels good.Most shoes now have good rubber and any brand will work well under 5.12.BLASPHEMY :P

--- End quote ---

Thanks Slink.

I agree anything will work. On the other hand my Coyotes feel like chopped liver after being given a taste of rib eye with the Katanas.

I can climb anything in my coyotes that i could wit the Katanas however the Katanas def give me extra confidence in my footwork and i feel like i can hold onto much small features with ease than i could in the Coyotes.

JBrochu:
Mythos don't fit my feet properly so I've never used them, but I know a lot of people who love them. My main climbing partners wear them, and they are primarily slab and face climbers. But I've also climbed with plenty of people who wear them crack climbing, and also another partner who wore them for the Gunks. I guess what I'm saying is if they fit your feet well, it's probably going to be hard to find a better all around shoe for you.

OldEric:
First step is to try both on and see how they FEEL TO YOU before dwelling on theoretical differences.  In theory the Mythos will be a more versatile all around shoe that should adapt itself to your foot better then the TC Pro.  On the other hand the TC Pro is going to be very durable and if your forte is standing on time edges all the time it will be better at it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version