NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Tc Pro or Mythos..  (Read 3620 times)

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Tc Pro or Mythos..
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

I know Grammy likes Scarpa shoes!

Yah buddy!
Good call on the mythos bro...you would have been unhappy with the TC cheapos...I mean pros. Overpriced, over rated and the rubber sucks...both soles and rand ( which continues to pull away from the shoe).  ???
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »

Grammy, I did have the TCPros and returned them for all the reasons you stated. Now I have $40 to spend at EMS.
someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »

Grammy, I did have the TCPros and returned them for all the reasons you stated. Now I have $40 to spend at EMS.

Sweet!!!!  :D
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »

Grammy, I gotta say that I found the TCPros just fine and sticky on everything on Found Ledge in July, as well as on Rapid Transit, Interloper (P1) in September and Can You Believe It, with Smear, 2 weeks ago. I know what you mean about rand delamination (I've seen a bit  :( ) but I find the soles plenty sticky for my ability level. 8) I haven't notice much stretch but I didn't buy them really tight in the first place--my old dogs don't like really tight shoes!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:51:32 PM by Jeff »

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

...you would have been unhappy with the TC cheapos...I mean pros. Overpriced, over rated and the rubber sucks...both soles and rand ( which continues to pull away from the shoe).

I think that the rubber is plenty sticky. I've done lots of thin face and hard slabby stuff this past year and felt it was excellent. the delam is starting to happen, but it's not bad. they didn't stretch on me at all. I like 'em...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »

Glad you guys have found the rubber to be good Jeff and Al. I have to respectfully disagree with you. you both climbed with the Tradmasters in the past so perhaps there is not much difference there in the feel of the rubber and fit? I have climbed primarily on C4 or XSgrip and find it to be a much stickier and confidence inspiring purchase. Some people really like the shoes...I simply am not one of them.  ;) they are good crack shoes, are comfortable and seem to breathe pretty well. The tongue design sucks, rands are too thin and bonded poorly and the craftsmanship is terrible for a $180 shoe IMO.

To each his/her own   :)

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »

For rubber, XS Grip 2 rules but I do not know if it is durable or not.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:37 AM »

For rubber, XS Grip 2 rules but I do not know if it is durable or not.

so far so good on my Instincts...a FULL season under them and very little signs of wear. They are well made shoes.  ;) I would imagine that the xs edge (on TC pros, miuras and now Katanas) will last a bit longer as it is less sticky and a much harder rubber which is what enables them to hang on thin edges and gives the lateral/torsional support in cracks.

I still have my TC's but will only use them guiding on easy stuff and on some crack climbs where I find they really excel and are comfortable. I have had them out 4-5 times and they look like I have used them all season.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:18:09 AM by old_school »

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »

you're right Grammy, I've climbed a lot in Tradmasters, and had them resoled with C4 (both pair); I find the new TC rubber just as good, maybe it's my extra bulk giving me more gription  ;D (or flexible ankles, or fit, or....) who knows-- that's how these companies  sell so many shoes.

punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »

I just can't understand why their rands would delaminate. And to see that the tension strip ends just below it really pissed me off. 180$ for a shoe that overstretched with the before mentioned manufacturing problems, that is a rip off in my book. At least I know the mythos are good (wish they still made boreal vectors) and will probably stay with them.
someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »

I find the new TC rubber just as good, maybe it's my extra bulk giving me more gription  ;D (or flexible ankles, or fit, or....) who knows-- that's how these companies  sell so many shoes.

;D

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 07:36:13 PM »

(wish they still made boreal vectors) and will probably stay with them.

OMG...those were the BEST shoes ever!! Why did they ever stop making those???

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 10:46:51 PM »

Some of us think the original Sportiva Megas were "da bomb"-- I wore out 2 pair, with 2 resoles each-- then the Synchros fit my feet great-- two pair of those--also discontinued--can anyone say "planned obsolescence"? :-\ 

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 07:21:08 AM »

Some of us think the original Sportiva Megas were "da bomb"-- I wore out 2 pair, with 2 resoles each-- then the Synchros fit my feet great-- two pair of those--also discontinued--can anyone say "planned obsolescence"? :-\

I too loved the Megas....and the synchros were an unbelievable shoe. Actually, I think it was a pretty close race between the synchros and the Vectors. Two very different shoes and feel, but they performed equally well in all situations. Those Megas could edge on atomic particles...couldn't they? What an amazing face climbing shoe.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 10:41:52 AM »

(wish they still made boreal vectors) and will probably stay with them.

OMG...those were the BEST shoes ever!! Why did they ever stop making those???
Vectors were second only to the great Mega (with new rubber of course).. Just superb shoes.
TC's $180 and delam issues ? Really that super sucks

Hard to find but i like the Red Chili's and even harder to find Acopa legend
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 23 queries.