NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: shoes  (Read 2374 times)

apbt1976

• NEClimbs God
Re: shoes
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 09:44:58 PM »

Man i got a giant quiver of shoes going out with me this weekend. It's kinda silly but i just want this figured out once and for all and my credit card credited back!

My street shoe a 45...

I have a pair of Tc Pros in a 44 with a little hollow dead space in the heel and under the arch but only when i point my toes. At this point i think they are going back for a 43-43.5 As is now i barely have any toe curl on my larger foot and my smaller foot my toes are dead flat. Being i want this to be a all day shoe i imagine this is how i want them to fit after they have stretched. I am thinking of going all the way down to 43. Got them from BackCountry so i have no problems playing with size till i get it right.

Then this afternoon i picked up a pair of Muira Vs's in a 43. I tried the 42.5 and it almost went with them. However they really had my larger foot torqued in there really really tight. Even in a 43 all of my toes are pretty dam crunched up in a 43on both feet except my big toes that is. Ow yeah i have mortons toe really bad so just scrunching my other toes up to be even with my big toe is pretty extreme.

None of this fitting shoes tight so they can stretch to size long term does anything for my achilles and planters problems to say the least. Eh what are you gonna do though as the foot problems seem to be here to stay anyway. I def want my $170 shoes to fit right in 2-3 months time and forever at that matter.

If all fails i have my trusty now all stretched out 5.10  Coyotes. They are just ow so comfy but feel sloppy as hell when i get on harder stuff in comparison to the Miura or Tc Pro. I can however struggle my way up harder stuff in them so who knows how this all will end?

We shall see if nothing else i am sure i will have fun trying to figure it out. Gotta love a no questions asked return policy. I even went so far as to ask BackCountry if they cared people doing this with rock sheos and they said "no please by all means test away"!!!

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »

good luck with that. I think part of the fun is trying them out. The quality has gotten much better over the years of all shoe manufacturers, so it is really hard to find a lousy pair of shoes. There are still a few companies out there whose product I am not a big fan of, but for the most part...as long as they fit, they will do the job!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 06:15:16 PM »

It really sucks that Acopa isn't around anymore.. great shoes AND you could speak to the MAN (Bachar) pretty much at any time. I bought my first Fire's from him in"82 and he really knew his shit about shoes.
If you can get a pair online, I HIGHLY say the JB's and really the Legends.. best shoe i have ever had

ELM

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 07:22:22 PM »

The Acopa site is still up but it's really just a shell. I've poked around and you can still find most of the models...sizes may be sparse. I really considered the JB before I settled on the TC Pro.
Ed Matt
" I release my attention: because of you now I am in danger!!! " -Champ

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 06:36:10 AM »

It really sucks that Acopa isn't around anymore.. great shoes AND you could speak to the MAN (Bachar) pretty much at any time. I bought my first Fire's from him in"82 and he really knew his shit about shoes.
If you can get a pair online, I HIGHLY say the JB's and really the Legends.. best shoe i have ever had

+1. Totally agree. He was always helpful and available and his passion for the sport could be felt in his shoes. I finally sold my Merlins and it was a sad day. IT was a bit strange how the company just kind of folded though...no announcements and the web site is still up but seemingly trapped in time.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 07:30:23 PM »

Sometimes i feel 'trapped in time"...

I just put on my Legends and it was like slipping into a nice easy chair. Fucking perfect

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »

I finally got my Katana Lace broken in and no longer too uncomfortable.  I have to say I think they are the best technical shoe I have ever worn (compared to Mythos, Mocs, Miura Lace).  I had the strange feeling today that I am not good enough to push the shoe to its limit. They were rock solid and confident on even the smallest downward sloping mini-edge I had them on today.  I just hope they won't stretch out anymore. 

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 09:05:58 AM »

Oh they will stretch out.. :) and then you will become a slab climbin' fool !!!

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:56 AM »

I finally got my Katana Lace broken in and no longer too uncomfortable.  I have to say I think they are the best technical shoe I have ever worn (compared to Mythos, Mocs, Miura Lace).  I had the strange feeling today that I am not good enough to push the shoe to its limit. They were rock solid and confident on even the smallest downward sloping mini-edge I had them on today.  I just hope they won't stretch out anymore.

Getting a pair today to replace my miuras!  ;)

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 10:53:47 AM »

Grammy, hope you like them!  Let me know.  The one feature some new technical shoes have that is totally unsuitable for me is aggressive toe-down combined with "toe-in" asymmetry. I found the Miura VS (which has this combo) to be very uncomforable.  The Katana Lace has zero or near-zero asymmetry.  That was my primary reason for picking them up.

John, unless the soles flattened out, the KL will never be a good slab shoe.  They have a slight but definite toe-down.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 02:19:35 PM »

Hey Sneoh!

Just ended up buying a pair of Scarpa Instincts (clearance) for $67 with free shipping...couldn't pass it up and have been hearing good things about them as well. If they don't fit, I know I can sell them for close to that and then will go get the Katanas. Will keep you posted.

Still miss my Merlins and B3's!  :-[

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »

Acopa legends can still be found.. full price $159

best shoe i have owned.. even better than mega's   :-\

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »

Acopa legends can still be found.. full price $159

best shoe i have owned.. even better than mega's   :-\

Oh god..remember the megas...I bought mine at 41.5...I have a size 11+ foot. you could edge on a moth's wings with those things. Never felt so much pain in my life though!! lol

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »

True story: I saw someone doing sport routes at Rumney wearing Mega's last year or back in 2010.  None of the 'kids' knew what shoe they were.  LOL. 

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 09:30:24 AM »

Somebody just was selling a new pair . 39.5.... my old size... I'm 10.5 street.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 23 queries.