General > Climbing NOT (Bitch & moan)

100 Mile Wilderness ?'s

<< < (3/4) > >>

JakeDatc:
AWOL's  AT guide will probably be enough for a guidebook.   

i thought about doing that this year  but have decided to do the Long trail instead. 

apbt1976:

--- Quote from: alclimbup2 on May 15, 2012, 01:55:02 PM ---You could run the majority of it, other than Katahdin at the end, and a section thru "whitecap' (or whitesomething I believe) mountain that involves real elevation gain hiking, huge sections are quite flat with a really nice trail base, could run it

--- End quote ---

Did not even think till after i read the response my question that i kinda took the thread off topic.

Sorry!!

adamiata:

--- Quote from: apbt1976 on May 15, 2012, 01:48:08 PM ---Is this something you could run or would it be a lot of really fast up hill speed walking if you tried. For a seasoned trail runner i am asking of course.

--- End quote ---

Why yes, yes you could.  ;)

A friend and I ran it in a single push last August. Details are here if you're interested: http://adamiata.blogspot.com/2011/08/100-mile-wilderness-run-maine.html

JBrochu:
Adam you're a real sicko!

I was actually going to post your 100 mile trip report in here when I got around to finding it. You and your mutt passed me last October early in the morning near the summit of Liberty. I was training for a pemi loop and was pretty pissed off to get passed so easily until I figured out it was you.

edit: might have been early November.

adamiata:
Did you ever get your Pemi Loop done?

It was October and doggie was doing his first Pemi Loop - handled it like a champ.

--- Quote from: apbt1976 on May 15, 2012, 01:48:08 PM ---Is this something you could run or would it be a lot of really fast up hill speed walking if you tried. For a seasoned trail runner i am asking of course.

--- End quote ---

To more completely answer your question, the Northern 50 miles is quite runnable, mostly good footing and not a huge amount of gain. The section over Whitecap is very much like typical 4,000 footer in the whites, rough footing and lots of gain. The Barren-Chairback range is a total bitch, lots of up and down with really gnarly footing. The Southern 15 miles is rolling and ledgy, mostly runnable if you were fresh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version