NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podiatrist recomendation?  (Read 544 times)

BillH

• NEClimbs Newbie
Podiatrist recomendation?
« on: June 01, 2012, 07:07:38 PM »

I recently moved to North Conway and am looking for a podiatirst to treat a painfull foot problem that is interfering with climbing and hiking.  Can anyone recomend one within a couple hours drive?  Thanks much.  Bill

apbt1976

• NEClimbs God
Re: Podiatrist recomendation?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »

If you want to drive to Boston and have good health coverage i can get you a number.

I also have been struggling with foot problems for 1.5 years. I did not just stop early on. I highly suggest you do as it is the one thing you dont get a chance to do a second time. Also get your foot and overall body mechanics looked at real close by a highly skilled eye honed towards athletes. So many nerd podiatrist that just do not understand how important exercise is to a athlete or the active person. Never mind what a athlete is vrs a the recreational weekend warrior.

I used to have a real good guy when i was racing bicycles full time but he relocated to the southwest many years ago. It took me 1.5 years to hunt down someone capable of a proper diagnosis and plan for treatment. I did see 3-4 other docs through my health care provider before i bit the bullet and just payed my own $$$ for someone that really had a true interest in getting back to doing what i love more than just $$$.

Its a needle in haystack situation and i don't get it either but some podiatrist really do love their work. I found one if you wanna take a drive....

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 07:40:53 PM »

Tim Kemple senior fixed me up when I had a foot problem 15 years ago. PM me and I"ll give you his email.  He is a climber and all around good guy.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »

Dr. Goldenhar is the local podiatrist here in the valley. He did a nice job with my PF a few years ago...a cheap insert, no shots, and things have been great ever since.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »

Is TK, Sr still practicing?  I thought he retired some time ago.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 23 queries.