NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Armadillo-Katahdin after rain  (Read 650 times)

joblessandlovinit

• NEClimbs Newbie
Armadillo-Katahdin after rain
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:30:32 PM »

Planning to do the Armadillo Friday.  Anyone have beta on the climb a day after a good rain?  Lets just assume for this post that thursday gets a solid rain and friday is dry.  Thanks in advance! 

perswig

• NEClimbs God
Re: Armadillo-Katahdin after rain
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 08:19:59 AM »

If you get no info here, you might try the park (climbing ranger?) at 207.723.5140, PM Jaime Cunningham or Silas Rossi through this site, or call Alpenglow/Acadia Mtn Guides or Atlantic Climbing School, who do guiding and guide training up there.
As a conditions reference, there was still snow reported on the Saddle Trail out of Chimney Pond at the end of May, I think.

Dale
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »

I may be speaking for DMan and out of turn here, but I believe that he as done the route as well. Might be worth a PM. We were planning on doing this climb last year or the year before but I never got around to it.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

DLottmann

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 11:19:24 AM »

Haven't gotten that route yet Grammy, only done winter ice routes up there... maybe this Fall... you, me, and Bob?

joblessandlovinit

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 12:42:33 PM »

Thanks all!  I'll try the contact info.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »

Haven't gotten that route yet Grammy, only done winter ice routes up there... maybe this Fall... you, me, and Bob?

That's a deal DMan! Let's get'er done!!!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

gwilson

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »

I've climbed it a few times and think it probably dries quickly. I kind of remember climbing it on a wet-ish day and getting wet on the approach but not having issues on the rock.  I've only climbed there in June once and the blackflies left an impression. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.