Author Topic: a hard move, laid back.  (Read 1495 times)

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
Re: a hard move, laid back.
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 11:31:06 AM »
i thought this thread was about kickin' back on the road with some beers and watching people fall off ???????????

As my first example of the thread is about a climber in a 5.6 with perfect style (never saw an other climbing like him, it was perfect technique). I think that the htread is more with good technique.

Second thought, it was more fun when the leader felt.

Offline neiceclimber

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
Jake, I'd classify that as over bolted, over chalked, about 15 ft off the ground, and lacking a beer stein. However, you make up for it with the copious amounts of draws hanging off your harness.  Shoeless climbing is definitely laid back, so +1. -1 for not having a prussik and a pulley on your harness and -2 for not wearing man-pris. 

Offline cjdrover

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »
nah,  that was just to suck you in.   it is and has always been about champ talking gibberish out of his ass.

Every time I log in to NEClimbs I secretly wonder if THIS is the time that Champ will finally be revealed to be some fabled Yose legend (a la YC, Robbins, Long, etc) pulling off the greatest, longest running troll in the history of the internet... and every time, I am disappointed yet again. Sigh.

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »
i thought this thread was about kickin' back on the road with some beers and watching people fall off ???????????
Now, that's a thread I would enjoy and NOT spill s&%# about! :)
Start a new thread John about this.  I am sure you have good stories also about other people's whippers.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
Jake, I'd classify that as over bolted, over chalked, about 15 ft off the ground, and lacking a beer stein. However, you make up for it with the copious amounts of draws hanging off your harness.  Shoeless climbing is definitely laid back, so +1. -1 for not having a prussik and a pulley on your harness and -2 for not wearing man-pris. 

lol i'm not sure why i have so many draws, i must have done something before that and just not taken them off. 

over bolted, no,  there is a ledge that you could hit.  i took the fall from right below the anchors once and i ended up at the 2nd draw.   Maybe DQ will come out of hiding to tell you about it  but i doubt that. 

prussiks and pullys would be a bit over kill for sport climbing dontcha think?   i guess i could have a gumby daisy thong but i dunno how people climb like that. 

the pants were Prana does that help?   they have been retired due to microfractures. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing