Author Topic: rain/no-rain  (Read 773 times)

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
rain/no-rain
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »
woke up this morning at 6 and it was pouring.  :(   rain stopped at 7:30 but didn't think I would be able to get on the rock so I cancelled plans with the Perez's and went shopping for furniture with the wifey.  :P  by 10 it got sunny. got a call at 11 while we were at the store from my buddy Jeff. we decided that we'd give it a try to get out for a climb at about 1. we went over to the Ethereal Buttress which was bone dry and totally good fun... on the way back we saw a lot of folks on the slabs and met Derek T in the lot. he and partner had done beginner's bottom to top. it's now 86 degrees at 5:40 and still no rain, but I have a beer in hand and frankly my dear I don't care if it does...

[grin]
Al Hospers

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
Re: rain/no-rain
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »
what a beautiful today, Saturday. hardly anyone at Whitehorse. was over at the Echo Roof area with 2 old friends and their 15 year old niece. no bugs until right at the end and perfect temps in the shade...
Al Hospers

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 07:13:08 PM »
what a beautiful today, Saturday. hardly anyone at Whitehorse. was over at the Echo Roof area with 2 old friends and their 15 year old niece. no bugs until right at the end and perfect temps in the shade...

We have all the rain in quebec, it is steady for one week and today was worse with thunderstorm...Hope to be in conway soon!

DLottmann

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 09:21:53 PM »
Alex had his first swimming lesson today at 9 months old, then we all napped, then we went to AAC BBQ at Cathedral, then we went to Pauls bash for Frechette and had steak, lobster, and beer.

This so far has been my favorite day of summer, and had no climbing in it  :o

Tomorrow, however, will be Alexís introduction to the crag  ;D

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »
This so far has been my favorite day of summer, and had no climbing in it  :o

I can well understand how that might be...enjoy your Sunday
Al Hospers

DLottmann

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 03:03:05 PM »
Thanks Al, Alex enjoyed hanging with Mommy at the North End while I took a quick run on Childís Play and Birdís Nest. We brought a small tent and blanket but will bring a camp chair next time... he had fun. Off to the beach now.

Iíve never been a huge fan of summer... but that might be changing. These are good days!

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 08:08:34 PM »
Ella has ben going to the crag since before she was born, but first swimming lesson was this week.   We had fun, but it was hard to keep the rocks out of her mouth.  My goal is to find some 5.13 offwidths that she can chimney at 5.8 when she gets a little bigger.