General > Rock Climbing: Sport

Hung draws are a killer!!!!!!

(1/2) > >>

Ryan cosman:
Hey guys just wanted to give a heads up and trying to get the word out. The draws on the roof of man overboard at wieama are no good and need to be replaced. A French climber was on the route and took a fall and it cut the sheaf of his rope and a few of the core strands. Luckly I was able to rap down from jimmy cliff and resue belay him down. But if people could spread the word or tell me who I should contact I'd greatly appreciate it

M_Sprague:
If you see anything even remotely sketchy, don't be shy taking it down, even if unable to replace it. Much better that somebody has to put their own gear on or even gets up and finds there is a draw missing and has to lower than having somebody hurt or killed due to worn out gear.

frik:
So what yer sayin' is: i should head over to Rumney ASAP with my extension ladder and clean up all those dangerous quickies all over the place?

JBrochu:
You should probably show up at the target crag, and if any climbers are already there toss a hackey sack and a small bag of lawn clippings in their general direction. That should keep them distracted for a couple of hours. Also, in order to not look conspicuous, carry a gallon jug of water with you at all times.

sneoh:

--- Quote from: JBrochu on July 16, 2012, 04:45:49 PM ---.... carry a gallon jug of water with you at all times.

--- End quote ---
I am glad I am not the only one to have noticed this.  That is probably 4x the amount of water I need for a day of sport climbing at Rumney.
Weight training perhaps?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version