NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hung draws are a killer!!!!!!  (Read 896 times)

Ryan cosman

• NEClimbs Newbie
Hung draws are a killer!!!!!!
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »

Hey guys just wanted to give a heads up and trying to get the word out. The draws on the roof of man overboard at wieama are no good and need to be replaced. A French climber was on the route and took a fall and it cut the sheaf of his rope and a few of the core strands. Luckly I was able to rap down from jimmy cliff and resue belay him down. But if people could spread the word or tell me who I should contact I'd greatly appreciate it

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: Hung draws are a killer!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »

If you see anything even remotely sketchy, don't be shy taking it down, even if unable to replace it. Much better that somebody has to put their own gear on or even gets up and finds there is a draw missing and has to lower than having somebody hurt or killed due to worn out gear.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »

So what yer sayin' is: i should head over to Rumney ASAP with my extension ladder and clean up all those dangerous quickies all over the place?

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »

You should probably show up at the target crag, and if any climbers are already there toss a hackey sack and a small bag of lawn clippings in their general direction. That should keep them distracted for a couple of hours. Also, in order to not look conspicuous, carry a gallon jug of water with you at all times.

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:18:49 PM »

.... carry a gallon jug of water with you at all times.
I am glad I am not the only one to have noticed this.  That is probably 4x the amount of water I need for a day of sport climbing at Rumney.
Weight training perhaps?  :)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »

It is the secret sauce to get you up 12s, Soon. Actually, on days like we have been having, I can see drinking a gallon easily.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 07:36:12 PM »

I doubbled the size of my standard summer all day water bottle from one liter to 2 liter. Must be getting old... ???

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »

Back to the topic - yeah, good thing no one got hurt, let alone died.
Plenty of the fixed draws at Rumney need replacing or removed altogether.

I probably do not drink enough water on most climbing days.  On the flip side, I generally prefer climbs in the shade.  Otherwise, sweaty palms, over-gripping, and excessive use of chalk.  Call me a wimp.  I deserve it!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 23 queries.