NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: new climbing gym in Concord NH  (Read 1595 times)

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: new climbing gym in Concord NH
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 07:16:27 PM »

Let's hope the new gym will get everyone as fit as this place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NBNnXNaMl4&feature=related Don't ask what roundabout way I found that, lol
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »

Working to "improve" your Russian, Mark?

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »

It's open now with the grand opening in early January. Anybody been there yet? General impression or other comments about the place? I've only ever climbed indoors at the BRG which is near work, but this new place is only a few miles from my house so I'll probably check it out.   
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »

Some friends of mine went yesterday.  They liked it and had a good time, with good to very good routes.  The one 'flaw' they mentioned is nothing easier than .12a or so on the steep 'cave' wall.  And, in general, not many leads in the .11 range.  However, they also mentioned that there is still quite a bit of room for more routes in the gym.  It takes a long time and a lot of effort and holds(!) to get a gym 'fully populated'.  There often is a shortage of the right holds and bolts it seems (no matter how much the owners have purchased).

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »

Quinny has been a few times and says it is the best wall in the northeast.  The weather is still too good outside for me to go there, climbed and bouldered today till dark.   Who needs snow?

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »

Ward, my friends thought Evo Rock is certainly good, perhaps a little ahead of with CRG but not all routes are good.  I will have to judge for myself in the near future .... I like CRG quite a bit but I only make it there about 4 times a year. 
Drive 1 hour East and I will give you a good tour of Metrorock, nothing but the best up at the moment.  There ought to be enough to keep you busy since I will have 200~250 to choose from.  And the women?  Well, what can I say other than you won't be disappointed as well. :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 23 queries.