Author Topic: partner 1st week of August?  (Read 304 times)

Offline reaver2k

• NEClimbs Newbie
partner 1st week of August?
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so bare with me!

I'm a 23 year old Brit (from Sheffield - my local crags being peak district gritstone) who is heading on a vacation to the USA for a couple of months, I will be primarily climbing in squarmish and california, however I will be on the east coast until the 8th of August before flying over to Vancouver to meet a friend.

My current plans are to head to north Conway as it seems like a decent base to get out climbing in New Hampshire, but I am easy on location and almost everything else, I will be in Boston on the 1st and need to be back in New York on the 8th. I'm happy with trad, bouldering or sport, what ever is your thing! I won't have my rack or rope with me (my friend will be bringing them out when I met him in squarmish) and don't have a car but am happy to share petrol or get buses wherever it is possible!

In the UK I climb trad around the VS-HVS region (when frequently climbing I have been known to go up to E1 or E2), which I believe translates to somewhere between 5.7 and 5.10? I can second significantly harder, up to E4 or so (5.11c ish?) I am extremely competent with placing gear, having been leading trad for around 5 or 6 years, including many periods where I climbed 3-4 times a week. I am happy with sport climbing and bouldering aswell, where I climb around F6c-F7a (5.11bish) and boulder around V4.

Is anyone interested or can any one direct me where I might be able to find someone who is? If you're only available for a day or two that's cool aswell, as I say I'll be probably based in north Conway and well fill my time with trekking and kayaking and whatever else there is there!

Sorry about any typos, I'm on my phone! If your interested or have any advice drop me and email on reaver2k@gmail.com, I'll try check back here aswell but presume I have lost the topic if I don't reply! Cheers everyone!

Alan

DWT

Re: partner 1st week of August?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 06:52:14 PM »
I sent you a PM.  My vacation starts Thursday morning. I'd love to climb Thursday and Friday.