NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acadia August 26 - 27  (Read 533 times)

kdub

• NEClimbs Newbie
Acadia August 26 - 27
« on: August 11, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »

I'm going to be visiting Acadia for the first time with my mom and really want to get some climbing in while I'm there. I'm looking for a partner for one of the three dates above if anyone is available to take me out! I can lead trad up to around 5.5/5.6 and sport around 5.11a. I'm coming from Australia so I'm trying to bring minimal gear, but I plan on buying a set of cams while in the states that we can use! Please let me know if anyone wants to get out for a day climb! Thanks! - Kim

wivanoff

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Acadia August 26 - 27
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 08:34:23 AM »

I will be in Acadia at Blackwoods campground on 8/22-8/26

You mention Acadia August 26 - 27 but then "one of the three dates above". If one of the three dates is 8/25, maybe we can get together. Else, possibly 8/26 (AM only) at Otter Cliffs since I'm driving back to Connecticut on the 26th.

wiggins

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »

hey all,  i'm in the same boat, heading up with a bunch of nonclimbers and looking for a partner 8/26-29 would like to climb at pecipice or great head and stay away from the crowds. got ropes, racks, and i give myself a plus one in the kharma scale. cheers

perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 05:27:26 PM »

I can lead trad up to around 5.5/5.6 and sport around 5.11a.

I don't know why, but this statement makes me laugh.
Dale
(chuckle)
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

wivanoff

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »

Anybody know anything more about this accident that happened a few days after I left?

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/30/news/hancock/climbing-instructor-in-fair-condition-after-falling-60-feet-in-acadia/

bennybrew

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »

Anybody know anything more about this accident that happened a few days after I left?

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/30/news/hancock/climbing-instructor-in-fair-condition-after-falling-60-feet-in-acadia/

we've been looking for info on that but that is the most "in depth" reporting we can find. if that is the route we think it is, recollections of pacifica, it is a nasty place to fall.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 23 queries.