NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing the ice?  (Read 1033 times)

DLottmann

Re: Missing the ice?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »

of course we’re now over analyzing w/o all the details but being they were only 10 feet above him you could just lower a locker on a overhand on a bight if you have no free ends. I “think” she probably put him on a plate device off her harness, but then there was some more adjusting going on as they were telling the climber to wait.

TBH, just lowering a locker and fixing the rope instead of belaying probably would have been a little better and less time consuming... then he could just batman the 15 feet up to the anchor (once he put his tools away). Especially since the climbable ice was disappearing...

Disclaimer: this is over thinking something that went down very fast and was handled well. It is not meant to cast any judgement, just reflection on other ways to handle a similar situation.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:46:13 AM by DMan »

SidleK

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 07:26:10 PM »

Shoot, you don't even need to change you latitude that much...just find bigger mountains! Having some fun on a day off from work....

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 07:53:58 AM »

as much as I love ice, when we have days like the past several I don't miss ice at all!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

cjlynch87

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

Yeah Keith!!!! Killing it out west buddy!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 23 queries.