NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new tent and day pack  (Read 464 times)

keno

• NEClimbs Newbie
new tent and day pack
« on: July 22, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »

Thinking of a new tent , anyone have feed back on the black diamond hilight 2 person  2lbs 12oz looking for a light all around tent  for all seasons , on sale at backcountry .com 289.00 . I've never owned a single wall ,  have a north face arrowhead  , bomb proof  and about 15 yrs old great tent but heavy , has fly .also looking for suggestions for anew day pack , for rock and ice , have been using lowe cloudwalker for the last 20 yrs , getting tattered , not  sure what the cu in are , thanks in advance , cheers

triguy

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: new tent and day pack
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »

I have the BD axis 33 pack that I use for climbing and love it.
Ice has two purposes in life: climbing and watering down bad scotch!

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »

I have an old Firstlight and I love it. The highlight looks nice and that is a great price. I think they retail around $380 or so.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

WanderlustMD

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »

I tend to be mostly no-frills when it comes to gear. I've used a GoLite for the past six years. I wasn't expecting much, but that thing has held up like a tank relative to it's construction. If you want something nice and light and variable, it's a good way to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 24 queries.