General > New Rock Routes

A Thin Line, 5.11b Attitash Crag

(1/4) > >>

old_school:
I have the write up and description on another computer, but here is the basic gist!

This is located on the far right side, 15' to the right of Lost Boys. 5 bolts and gear. Locate a shallow chimney in front of a leaning oak tree, this marks the start. Climb the corner out right (optional #1 placement in slot...highly recommended!). work your way out right to an obvious right angling hand ramp to clip the first bolt at 15'. make crux moves up over the steep bulge...very balancy, thin and technical to an exciting clip stance for the second bolt. The second crux is between the second and third bolt moving up onto the very thin and improbable steep slab. move straight up to a vertical crack (.75 camelot) and again onto the steep face to the fourth bolt. Make tricky moves up onto the catwalk (nice long ledge that runs a majority of the way down the right side of this small crag), step up and clip the fifth bolt. nice moves up the short slab to a great stance and two bolt ring anchor at 60'. Rap with one 60M rope.

Chris Graham, Dave Penny and Bob Ahearn completed the route on Sept 1, 2012.

WanderlustMD:
Nice man! Looks like that shoulder is doing well! :)

old_school:

--- Quote from: WanderlustMD on September 01, 2012, 08:54:28 PM ---Nice man! Looks like that shoulder is doing well! :)

--- End quote ---

Still hurts a bit...but I am getting there my friend!  :)

strandman:
Attitash crag.. the next Humphreys !!!  ;D Soon it will have enough bolts to tip into the river   :-\

old_school:

--- Quote from: strandman on September 02, 2012, 12:32:11 PM ---Attitash crag.. the next Humphreys !!!  ;D Soon it will have enough bolts to tip into the river   :-\

--- End quote ---

:-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version