General > Rock Climbing: Sport

Sketchy anchors on Lost Ledge

(1/6) > >>

danf:
Took my kids up to Lost Ledge last weekend and climbed a couple of the easier routes on the Carpet Slab.  Some of the "anchors" up there are more than a little sketchy, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with that opinion.  Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about replacing the existing 1/4" bolts/homemade anchors with modern stuff?  I've drilled lots of rock, but can't say as I've ever done it attached to a rope so any insight anyone can give would be great. 

Just so everyone is clear, it's stuff like this that I'm talking about:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/424331_503494906330978_1514437876_n.jpg

Admin Al:
I agree, it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace those puppies...

strandman:
Is MRS/IME still doing the anchor donation thing ???

Admin Al:

--- Quote from: strandman on September 03, 2012, 05:38:25 PM ---Is MRS/IME still doing the anchor donation thing ???

--- End quote ---

if someone wants to go out and replace these anchors, they can get them from the MRS.

JBrochu:

--- Quote from: Admin Al on September 03, 2012, 10:32:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: strandman on September 03, 2012, 05:38:25 PM ---Is MRS/IME still doing the anchor donation thing ???

--- End quote ---

if someone wants to go out and replace these anchors, they can get them from the MRS.

--- End quote ---

You sure? A friend was going to replace some anchors and was denied. Do you have to be well known or something? (Friend is competent with anchor replacement, but none of us are well known in the area despite being weekend warriors for years.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version