NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumney Parking!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2868 times)

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Re: Rumney Parking!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 07:28:48 PM »

What a week to visit Rumney, Ward.  Way to go.  Hope everyone had fun.
I should not be saying this but here goes - if the parking lots are overflowing with cars, just walk a little further, be ready not to visit the most popular crags, and be a little flexible about what to climb or the order you do the climbs in.  IMO, certainly no worse than The Trapps and Near Trapps at The Gunks.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 09:14:20 PM »

Right you are, my brother Chris was there over the busy weekend and they ended up being the only party at the Kennel Wall.  Everyone wants to be at the nearest cliff to the road.  Of course there are no parties at Potash Knob but there is a reason there are no parties there...

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »

Shucks, the secret about Kennel Wall is out now.  Thanks, Ward :)
Seriously, two times now I have been to Kennel Wall on super nice days (full or overflowing Parking Lots) and was the only party there the whole day or at least most of it.  And Kennel is a 'moderate', shady crag with lots of 5.10's.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 11:25:52 PM »

I had Green's all to my self. I went there Thursday and today to beat the weekend crowds (and the supposed rain). Everything was dry. Even Greenpeace was bone dry. No bugs at all. I screwed around on a second pitch project on self belay TR and got most of the rough cleaning done on the second pitch of Stewart's Crack and the last bolt in on the slab pitch of another project (so, Dave, it should be ready for you to try to onsite next weekend).
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 02:48:34 PM »

it should be ready for you to try to onsite next weekend

Well i dont have a huge belly but i am way out of shape, so it should be no problem right.  ;)

I am trying to make it happen. So far Sunday and Monday look like the best weather. 

Wait... What does this have to do with Rumney Parking?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:51:01 PM by mopowers »

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »

Apparently tons of people parking on the road again this weekend...  wonder how many tickets it will take for folks to learn.  (i was up early and climbing late so i didn't see if they were towing or not)   
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 09:27:34 AM »

We did not see any car parked on Buffalo Rd yesterday, Jake, but not sure if that is because of the towing.
We left at 6p yesterday, saw several cars parked across the Lot on the grass on private property.

The crags we were at were not busy yesterday; only had to wait to get on Tropicana.  But that was OK since we passed the time by having lunch, putting on bug juice, and getting the kinks out of my (relatively new) rope.  It just seemed like there were quite a few New Yorkers around.

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »

Perhaps just saturday then.  Art mooney said there were lots on the road. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »

Bolted a new route today out in the Massachusetts woods.  Just me and the bugs.

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »

New bolted line in mass?  Do tell.

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »

New bolted line in mass?  Do tell.

But then I'd have to kill you (just kidding).

Been to Farley?  Near there but a long walk.  Not a destination area, but no crowds, which is part of the charm. 

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 04:52:33 PM »

Farley is good, although there is also limited legal parking which is a GOOD thing.  Encourages an early start and car-pooling among other things.   
It is best to go with someone who knows the place and routes fairly well.  Or just go and hope you run into Ward!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 23 queries.