NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 50m double ropes  (Read 103 times)

BB

• NEClimbs Newbie
50m double ropes
« on: April 26, 2004, 12:33:21 PM »

Just started climbing ice alot this past winter and really liked using my buddy's double ropes.  I have the opportunity to pick up a new pair for myself at a great closeout price, only catch is that they are 50m.  The savings is huge, like getting a pair for even less than the regular price for one of them, but my question is...

Will I regret getting 50m ropes, or can I do the majority of what I'd want to with the 50s and save the $$?

Thanks!

cklein

• NEClimbs Junior Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 50m double ropes
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 03:34:30 PM »

I climbed this past ice season on double 50's and I'm planning to climb all rock season on them too.  For the majority of New England Climbs I think they are Great!!!!    

However if you're planning to take them elsewhere, to relatively new developed areas, I would recommend 60s.  

DLottmann

Re: 50m double ropes
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 01:40:01 PM »

for around here double 50's should be fine.  10 less meters to pull up before you put your partner on belay.  I would take the bargain for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.