NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost chalk bag on Cannon  (Read 1332 times)

OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
Re: Lost chalk bag on Cannon
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »

happened in 1968 I think. Just to keep it on topic with the lost chalkbag.  Ha Ha

You guys can't possibly remember what happened in 1968! (some are too young, the rest should not remember that far anyways) ;) Stop reading horror stories, Cannon is totally safe, you can't even lose a chalk bag there anymore  :)

In fortunately I remember it quite well - pretty gory.  As mentioned he was Koop's son - a Dartmouth student at the time.  The next two were in 1973

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Re: Lost chalk bag on Cannon
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 11:08:53 PM »

Unfortunately I remember it quite well - pretty gory.  As mentioned he was Koop's son - a Dartmouth student at the time. 
Horrible.  Never knew any of this before.

I remember the first time I climbed on Cannon many years ago. Scrambling up the scree slope I vividly recall that it didn't take a genius to figure out where all the scree I was traversing came from.
Very true.  A lot of it already and more continuing to come down.

I can't believe that loose rock didn't cover the bag within seconds.....
Well, let's not get carried away; I can't believe that loose rock didn't cover the bag within 30 minutes  Ha! :)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 23 queries.