I've been told i am an unsafe old fart who needs to get with the times and carry more stuff when i climb...
Seems like they are all Bastards!
It's difficult to know the answers fasure over the internet...
- Are you old? Chances are, if you are asking, YES, you are old.
- Are you unsafe? You may have one check box of the 10... I'm guessing 5 or more and you'd be considered totally unsafe.
1. Always Check Harnesses
2. Always Check Knots
Before you start climbing, always double check that leaderís tie-in knot...
3. Always Wear a Helmet
4. Always Check the Rope and Belay Device
Always double check that the rope is properly threaded through the belay device (especially if it is a GriGri).
5. Always Use a Long Rope
6. Always Pay Attention
7. Always Bring Enough Gear
8. Always Climb With the Rope Over Your Leg
9. Always Properly Clip the Rope
10. Always Use Safe Anchors
Always use at least two anchors. Three is better...