NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: the next couple of weeks......  (Read 3535 times)

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
the next couple of weeks......
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:45:57 PM »

This is how I will view the mainstream media political circus ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QlwilbVYvUg
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

darwined

Re: the next couple of weeks......
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 03:01:41 PM »

Pheeew...I needed that.  The moderator's voice is hilarious. :D 

This election cycle has caused me so much stress.  I have questioned my own philosophy for the first time in years.  It's so hard to be sure what the right medicine is this time around.  To me, they seem like wings on the same bird ???

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »

There is a cartoon on the internet called "The illusion of choice"  It shows a cow looking at two entrances; one is Democrat and the other Republican.  On the other side they both lead into the slaughterhouse.

As Frank Zappa said: "Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex."

I'm voting for the libertarian Gary Johnson, but then I have a free vote as the Democrap always wins Massachusetts, and all our electoral votes.

If you live in New Hampshire then voting for Romney might actually make a difference, not that I would ever vote for someone who thinks that we need to increase defense spending (like spending more than the rest of the world allreaday isn't enough, lol).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:10:43 PM by eyebolter »

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith

neiceclimber

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »

is this voter intimidation? http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/koch-industries-sends-pro-romney-packet-employees-195709471--election.html

Yes, and if they don't send the CEO to prison or silence the Koch's Obama should pull the same BS. Something like send a bunch of e- mails and batch mailers to every military member stating " vote for me or the other guy will send you to Iran." or perhaps one to every govt employee stating " when they talk about cutting back spending, they mean layoffs."

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »

wow. these are some low tactics people are using...not cool
-Jeremy Ballou

DWT

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 06:21:34 PM »

I'm really glad Thanksgiving is after the election.  I don't think I could drink enough to suffer through another shouting match at the dinner table.  It's been pretty heated the last few Thanksgivings :-\.  Hopefully some hatchets can be buried after November 6th.  I'm not holding my breath though.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:44:24 PM by DWT »

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »

Wait wait wait Derek. You can't let modern American politics muck up your Thanksgiving!!!!! Thanksgiving is a day in which we celebrate the exploitation and eradication of the Native Americans..... :-[
-Jeremy Ballou

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 06:28:38 PM »

So glad this is over.  Everyone worked up over the choice between Coke and Pepsi.  Whoever wins, we lose.

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »

Maybe I will run next time. I'd be more like a Tuckermans IPA. I could be the first president with a blow-up doll for a first lady.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:36:45 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »

mark +1 for your honesty plus my vote......as long as that doll can keep her rights....
-Jeremy Ballou

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 11:46:53 PM »

Folks in NH must have had it bad from both sides!  Man, am I glad it is over!!
Winner was declared by all major networks at around 11.23p EST this time around.
In 2008, it was around 11.01p EST.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 09:59:01 AM »

So glad this is over.  Everyone worked up over the choice between Coke and Pepsi.  Whoever wins, we lose.

Maybe, but we lost a lot bigger this way.  I am deeply, deeply saddened. This was not a Coke/Pepsi year. BHO is without question the worst President of my lifetime; that the people could re-elect such an abject failure means that, to me, the social compact is ruptured: The assumption behind a democratic society is that, eventually, the electorate will make the right--or at least a rational--choice. Even with so many economically and politically ignorant people. Wisdom of the crowds kind of thing. You can expect an electorate to take a flyer now and then on something new and different; to re-elect such when it has not only failed so completely but has been actively inimical to a system that has benefited so many is appalling.

I can only give you the perspective of someone who started and is building a high tech manufacturing business (you, know the kind that provides jobs that are good not only because they pay well, but also provide the satisfaction of actually producing something useful): I will be managing for the least possible number of employees. I will not, for the first time in twenty years across three companies, be offering health insurance starting in 2014. I'll be making decisions whose primary focus won't be on building the business or growing profits but on avoiding taxes. I'm currently in the PRV and was going to move anyway--I just can't take the ignorance and insanity anymore--and was seriously considering NH, but now I'm so pissed with NH I don't know.

I know a lot of very smart, highly productive people--you know, job creators. None of them aspire (this was true even before this disaster) to a bigger house, more expensive car, etc. We all aspire to just one thing: To make enough money to run and hide. I once saw a sign on the desk of an engineer at Lawrence Livermore that read: "Evidence is not the plural of anecdote," (one of my favorites. I'd like to see it tattooed onto every legislator), so take it for what it's worth, but the rest of you should think about that.

We are likely facing some very tough times. This bozo and his enablers (and thank you MA for adding another, especially ignorant one to the mix. a$$holes) blew through $6 trillion we don't have, with no discernable benefit, and with no end in sight. This was not financed by the Chinese, like so many ignorant twits think, two thirds of the debt issued by the Treasury last year was bought by the Fed. They do that by making up the money. Believe it or not, that is not sustainable, nor can it be made up by taxing 'the rich': We could have seized every penny the top 1% made last year and it would not have covered the deficit for that year--and good luck finding that 1% to fleece the next year. The chickens will come home to roost, and these birds are going to be black with flaming red eyes and razors for talons. Likely most people won't understand the worst result--those things that might have been and aren't, the medical technology that won't be commercialized, the businesses that won't be pursued--because we don't require people to learn economics and they don't get that concept of 'opportunity cost', which is a far more real and important cost than, say, the 'hidden' cost of carbon emissions.

It will become obvious except to the most obtuse, although I suppose that covers the bulk of those who voted for BHO, why I will expect an apology from those who did. Whether I will accept it depends upon how bad things get.
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »

You are right Pappy, now we will have to listen to four more years of: "Bush's fault, Republican's fault, blah blah...," as we slide into the Depression.

Now if Romney had won, things would have been totally different. It would have been four years of listening to: "Obama's fault, Democrat's fault, blah blah," as we slid into the Depression.

Seriously (although that was serious), Romney wasn't much of an alternative. You know, the guy who forced mandatory health care on Massachusetts and said he wouldn't scrap all of Obama care. 

The military industrial complex, banksters and multi-national corporations win EVERY presidential selection.

And it is still Bush as the worst president ever, although I'm sure that Obama will equal or surpass him with another four years.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:18:14 AM by eyebolter »

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 10:25:21 AM »

And it is still Bush as the worst president ever,

Yepper!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 23 queries.