NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Longstack Precipice  (Read 3286 times)

nuts

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Re: Longstack Precipice
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »

Not to stray too far from the subject (sweet knobs and all), yes, Longstack dries very quickly.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:13:39 PM by nuts »
Chris Magness

SA

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 08:01:23 AM »

That route, Coyote Rain, is a blast to solo, if your up for it. The features on the rock, are really cool, and kind of unique.
The real crux is the hike down, on the steep terrain, with all the oak leaves.
I'm really lucky to live only about 5 miles from this cliff.

JChepes

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »

Checked out Longstack last weekend and had a great time.  Very sunny area with great views of lake Wini.  Spectacular sunset was had also.  With a bit more traffic should clean up nicely!  Strychnine was my favorite route of the day, minus my whale mantle finish :)
Met Loran and is awesome to meet people so passionate and excited about this sport.  In his fifties, it was like talking to a young boy describing his new science project.  I believe that Ponce De Leon didn't find the fountain of youth.  He found the climbing wall of youth!
The only thing that detracted from the climbing was the gun range down below.  But this is New Hampshire, Live Free or Die.

bubbalee

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »

visited longstack for the first time yesterday with jon sykes and gang wow what a beautiful day sunny and 50 or so on the stone. one bit of advice , you had better bring your mantle moves A-game here. beautiful 5.8s 9s and 10s with usually well protected routes. loved the routes around Winter classic and we all got spanked on Gentle violence 11+ the chino boys need to clean up those loose death flakes under that roofy area low on  i think it was Speck in my eye or what ever that route is to the left of short stack. really enjoyed the Arete route great exposure, and strychnine was a good stout 5.9.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 23 queries.