NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great deal on an awesome belay jacket...  (Read 532 times)

DLottmann

Great deal on an awesome belay jacket...
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:37:03 PM »

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11021449&lmdn=Category&cp=3707807.12019738

Web Clearance Special: EXTRA 30% OFF sale price of select sizes & colors! Discount in cart. Get Details

With the current sale these are ringing up for $104.... I got one last year and it is a beast....

bennybrew

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Great deal on an awesome belay jacket...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 11:13:30 AM »

me n SHE got a mailing from ems today with a gear card for me and one to share. so we're sharing.

spend $75 or more get $15 off. good 10/17 to 11/1/12.

DLottmann

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »

Nice, if someone jumps on that it's $89 for a $250 jacket, with free shipping.... seriously, if you need a good belay jacket or winter camping jacket you can not beat this deal.

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »

David, how is the sizing on those?  Typically I wear at least an XL, all that is available right now is L and XXL.  I'm 6' 3", around 200 lbs and have long arms.  The arm length is always the hardest to get correct, thus the reason I'm asking!

DLottmann

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »

I find they run big, but this is the official size chart for that item and it includes sleeve length:

http://ems.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pEMS1-9165956_chart_v400.png

I would suggest trying the Large, and returning it for a refund if it doesn't work. Nothing to lose really. If you are an XL than these three EMS stores are showing one left in XL, black, and you can order direct from them tomorrow (same price)

Lancaster, PA
Albany. NY
Berkshire, MA

You can easily google their phone numbers if need be....

*Disclaimer, yes I work for EMS Customer Service :)

JeffD

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 04:37:43 PM »

David,

Thanks or the heads up...I took advantage right down to the gear bucks card for $89 total. Got it yesterday, and am quite pleased. Everything you want in a belay jacket w/ no weight adding extras.

Dan,

I am 6'3" 205# and ordered the large. It seems to fit fine, including arm length, but not a ton of extra room. Enough for a base layer and mid weight fleece underneath. That should cover me for most anything in the NE, 'specially if carrying a hardshell also for when the sh!t hits.

Jeff

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:28:45 PM »

Grrrr, day late and a dollar short.  Looks like I missed the 30% off deal.  Still a heck of a price, but I was hesitant to spend the money when I could get it for $89, really don't want to spend it without that extra 30% off now....  I'll know better on the sizing next time.

Guess I gotta be faster to make up my mind!

DLottmann

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 11:33:40 PM »

Guess I gotta be faster to make up my mind!

Sent you a PM... never too late :)  If anyone else wants one of these at the 30% off price let me know in the next week... we can extend the price on a case by case basis....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.