NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sanborton near New Hampton School  (Read 391 times)

DWT

Sanborton near New Hampton School
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:47:56 PM »

Does anyone have information regarding the roadside crag in Sanborton?  It's on the west side of the road, about a mile and one half from the New Hampton School.  It's half cleaned and bolted. 

tstiles

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Sanborton near New Hampton School
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:22:53 AM »

It's been awhile, but I used to bring the NHS climbing team there once a season.  I vaguely remember a few old bolts.  I built my own TR anchors.  A few pretty nice lines.  Kind of loose in spots.  Not sure of land ownership.  Some potential bouldering up along the ridge to the south/west.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Sanborton near New Hampton School
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »

I used to bring my Tilton School kids there as well when I directed their outdoor program. It is small and somewhat dirty but proved to be a good place to take a group for a few hours. We set up TR anchors on the trees above. I am going back 15 years or so, but remember a lone bolt roughly 12-15' up the center face that lead nowhere.

Grammy
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.