General > Rock Climbing: Trad

Where's the best layback in NH?

(1/16) > >>

darwined:
Is there a climb I can TR to work this technique?  Something out of the way and kinda hard would be cool.  Thx

danf:
I don't know how top-ropable it would be, but it is out of the normal realm at Rumney and it is a 5.10 a/b from what I've found...  Layback and Relax at the G-spot wall.  It shares an anchor with another route (Lichen Lickin I believe) that's a 5.11, so if you can climb that route it may be possible to set up a TR through the anchors for Layback.  Probably not the best route out there for what you want, but it's the first one I know of that comes to mind- probably mostly because it's where I took my first lead fall!

DMan:
First 10 feet of Kiddy Crack on Cathedral... slippery little move that one... Cosmic Amazement above the South Buttress of Whitehorse... pretty classic 5.9 but a hell of an approach to set up a TR. Can't think of many other classic lay-backs that one could drop a TR on around here... Beezlebub Corner has some nice layback moves but must lead it to TR it...

tradmanclimbz:
Great Corner Wheeler.  Lead it is the way to go though some do TR it...

lucky luke:

--- Quote from: darwined on October 30, 2012, 07:57:09 PM ---Is there a climb I can TR to work this technique?  Something out of the way and kinda hard would be cool.  Thx

--- End quote ---

To work that technique, what do you means? Duet direct is a jam and layback route. The first pitch have almost all vertical hold. Second pitch was also a nice 5.9+ layback. I think that it is a testpiece to know if you are a 5.9 -5.10 climber. Not a route to work the technique.

fun house, left hand corner is a streneous layback. You can try it by the right or by the left. You can set a top rope and try barn door technique or steaming/layback situation, or to change from a right side layback to a left side layback. At the top, to the right of pine tree eliminate, there is also two crack that you can try as a layback. Instead of steaming technique, you will need off with technique to climb the route after many try to do layback. Good places, easy access and a lot of work to do to master the technique and be able to aim to onsight a testpiece.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version