Author Topic: Where will we find dry rock at Rumney?  (Read 973 times)

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Where will we find dry rock at Rumney?
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »
My girlfriend and I may try to hit Rumney on Saturday.  I just started climbing in April and we haven't climbed in over a month now due to a remodeling project here at home, so I'd like to find some routes that will be dry up to the 5.7 range.  I'll look at a 5.8 if it's close, but I'd like lower grades for now.  I've only been to Rumney twice before (and we will only have Saturday) so any help will be appreciated!

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
Re: Where will we find dry rock at Rumney?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:24:43 PM »
5.7 is a tough grade to find dry when things are wet.  That said, I don't think that Rumney will be all that wet this weekend.  Parking lot wall, meadows, upper dearth vader, jimmy cliff and crows nest will have plenty dry in your range if I have not lost all my weather prediction abilities.

Ward

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »
Yeah, I was going to say Parking Lot Wall, parts of The Meadows, Jimmy, Crow's Nest and anything that gets a lot of sun and have 5.7~5.8 climbs (parts of Armed & Dangerous Wall maybe).
Clip a Dee Doo Dah will certainly be climbable.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »
We ended up doing a couple easier routes on the Parking lot wall.  Couldn't believe just how few people were there on Saturday!  Felt good (even though the fingers were cold doing it) getting back on the rock again.  Did Glory Jean's, Week with Pete and I bailed on Shealyn's Way when my girlfriend started feeling sick and I wasn't sure how long it would take me to figure out how to stem...  That one is on my "to-do" list though!

Offline danieljacq

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 07:13:13 AM »
Other than Rumeny, visiting Quincy Quarries, Farley Ledges, Cathedral Ledge, and Cannon Cliff will be enjoyable. I had a trip with my friend last month, and it was awesome.

DLottmann

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 09:29:16 PM »
Other than Rumeny, visiting Quincy Quarries, Farley Ledges, Cathedral Ledge, and Cannon Cliff will be enjoyable. I had a trip with my friend last month, and it was awesome.

Wow, way to dig up a post that died in November 2012, not comment at all on what the thread was actually about, but still sound positive!

Iím thinking you and Champ/LL might know each other... or make good partners!

Offline Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »

Wow, way to dig up a post that died in November 2012, not comment at all on what the thread was actually about, but still sound positive!

Iím thinking you and Champ/LL might know each other... or make good partners!

Since the thread is necro-bumped: it's all dry right now!
We came to climb, not to whine.