General > General Climbing

The best ?

(1/3) > >>

strandman:
when i think of NE climbing, i think- tricky, facey, cracky with a hint of pain. the best for this ?;

Vultures 10+ a classic of this type,, not much easier than Airation

heather 12b  the definition of NE hard crack

Pine Tree8++  harder than it should be

others ???

JJ Jameson:
The Prow.
Defines NE Climbing for me. It has everything. Hard Face, Crack, Overhang, all up probably the most prominent line, on one of the most visible cliffs in NE. All 5 minutes from post climb libation!

strandman:
Maybe JJ- Women In love may be a better climb, but The Prow kinda defines NE climbing.

lights In the Forest- a way good route 11-ish with a chimney, overlap, and of course  runout slab. No pain though.. other than the runout on the last pitch

eyebolter:
Whitehorse Standard, my first route in New Hampshire.  800 feet of consistent easy climbing with one 5.5 pitch.

Vultures is a 50 foot route that doesn't go to the top of a 90 foot cliff.  Hard to give it three stars IMHO.   Eyeless in Gaza on the same cliff is way better.

xcrag_corex:
Whittney G for that alpine feel

Bombardment w/ the newer 3bolt start to Upper Refuse. Thin face, Stellar crack, mellow cruising then slightly exposed face (incredible position).

Southern NH..... P-way cracks. The Start, Far-out Jam (hands into Offwidth squeeze) and The Good Book

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version