General > Rock Climbing: Sport

Patrick Edlinger est mort

(1/8) > >>

M_Sprague:
http://www.franceinfo.fr/societe/escalade-patrick-edlinger-est-mort-804739-2012-11-16

No details yet on cause of death. One of his films was a big part in inspiring me to climb.

eyebolter:
Wow, he wasn't that old.  Brilliant climber who soloed 5.11 barefoot in the Verdon.  An inspiration to me as a barefoot climber.

As The Who said: Just gotta get used to it, we all get it on the end...

old_school:

--- Quote from: eyebolter on November 16, 2012, 05:44:34 PM ---Wow, he wasn't that old.  Brilliant climber who soloed 5.11 barefoot in the Verdon.  An inspiration to me as a barefoot climber.

--- End quote ---

He was a huge inspiration to me as well Ward. I remember him at Snowbird and was just so amazed at his movement and strength. What a sad loss for us all.

eyebolter:

--- Quote from: old_school on November 16, 2012, 06:06:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: eyebolter on November 16, 2012, 05:44:34 PM ---Wow, he wasn't that old.  Brilliant climber who soloed 5.11 barefoot in the Verdon.  An inspiration to me as a barefoot climber.

--- End quote ---

He was a huge inspiration to me as well Ward. I remember him at Snowbird and was just so amazed at his movement and strength. What a sad loss for us all.

--- End quote ---
I still have the tape of that, not into plastic at all but that was plain brilliant climbing even to a trad.  One of the most influential climbers of the late 20 th century.

sneoh:
Really sad news.
He was so smooth, elegant, and makes it all look so easy when it is not.
Ward, I think he is only a year older than us.  Sobering thought.  Sigh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version